slow vs soft

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Slow movement also helps Shen (Spirit) as it applies to unify Shen with movement [Note: Spirit here is the Chinese definition which is mind not the religious or spiritual definition that comes from the west]. Next, after unifying shen with movement (possibly while) slow training helps make your Yi (thoughts) an important part of every movement which then gets you to Shi which is posture thereby helping you get to the correct posture. And all of that is known as sandao

From slow training and unifying shen with movement you also get to Yi, Qi, Li which is basically; Shen controls Yi, Yi controls Qi and Qi controls Li, or Mind controls thoughts, thoughts control energy and energy controls muscles.

And after that you get to proper fajing

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Slow movement ……
And after that you get to proper fajing

i used to agree with this, but now i think fajing is fajing.
after xin yi training, i feel that only fajing training can strenghten jing, slow movement, as my xin yi teacher said, is for gong.
there is a saying in CMA: external training is for strengthening muscles, bones and skin, internal training is for a breath(sorry for my poor translation,the chinese charaters are 外练筋骨皮,内练一口气). the slow movement is for the latter one.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
i used to agree with this, but now i think fajing is fajing.
after xin yi training, i feel that only fajing training can strenghten jing, slow movement, as my xin yi teacher said, is for gong.
there is a saying in CMA: external training is for strengthening muscles, bones and skin, internal training is for a breath(sorry for my poor translation,the chinese charaters are 外练筋骨皮,内练一口气). the slow movement is for the latter one.

Not talking about strengthing jing only what is part of training movements slowly and it is not until after that you get into training fajing.

OP
wushuguy

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
from my understanding, when we practice slow movement it does help to teach the body the proper motion and we can control the timings of groups of muscles to "fire off" in succession, then when doing fajing practice, our bodies feel natural to do the whipping effect and easier to get proper body coordination for fajing.

so i suppose i'm agreeing with both aspects you guys are discussing.

Latest Discussions