Siu Nim Tao

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
IMO, the depth concept (such as wrist gate, elbow gate, and shoulder gate) should be included. This can make your 6 gates concept from 2D into 3D.

Also a low roundhouse kick to the outside of your opponent's right leg (1st side) vs. to the inside of his right leg (2nd side) will require different set up, hand skill, and follow through.

Agreed. I was taught 8 gates, but also the other three you mentioned.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One important strategy in all striking art is to push your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm. I have not heard many boxing coaches talk about this. I also have not heard many CMA (and WC) instructors talk about this.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One important strategy in all striking art is to push your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm. I have not heard many boxing coaches talk about this. I also have not heard many CMA (and WC) instructors talk about this.

IME...the arm jam (elbow) you mentioned is taught in SLT

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
IME...the arm jam (elbow) you mentioned is taught in SLT
Hmm.
Yep and in my experience is taught rather early in snt. Is also an important aspect for facing (aligning 6 gates to 3)

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I focus on breathing, I focus on filling the tan tien with chi and then using the Yi to spread the chi to my limps, i focus on issuing chi with mental intent after each movement of the hand. At first i imagine one person standing infront of me, or i would do it infront of the wooden man. I would imagine using portions on a person or the wooden dummy. An i would also imagine how the different angles and levels can be altered for different scenarios and different size people as well as different movements. I would later imagine three people one infront of me and one to the sides of me. Then I would do the form in three directions with people standing on either side...first i would do it standing straight up in yee gee kim yeung ma, then i would turn side ways and do it on each side. that makes three times.

Latest Discussions