Sillum or Sil lum wing chun

Spartan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Any of you all know anything or heard of this branch of wing chun?

Spartan

OP
S

Spartan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,
I had always thought that Ip Man's Wing Chun was a form of Shaolin?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Sheng,
I had always thought that Ip Man's Wing Chun was a form of Shaolin?

I am clueless, all I know about Wing Chun is what I trained briefly which comes for Ip Man. I never knew that was also Shaolin Wing Chun.

And if that is the case I guess the answer is there is no difference Xue Sheng you idiot :D

Thanks

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any of you all know anything or heard of this branch of wing chun?

Spartan

Perhaps this would be one of the "Chi Shin Weng Chun" branches originally from Weng Chun precinct of Fatshan? Chi Shin was a Shaolin Abbot who later hid on the Red Junk. The system shares some techniques with the Wing Chun/Tsun styles but is distinct (even uses different Chinese Characters).

DungHo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i think people just made up the the name. branch doesn't matter. who care .

according to the myth or origin of wing Chun. The shaolin (Sil Lum= shaolin = little forest) nun Ng Mui is creator of Wing Chun. she knew the weakness of shaolin Kung Fu and work to create new system that would be effective, quick to learn. She alone did not create the system though, from my reading, she did it with 4 or 5 other monks. the system was then taught to Wing Chun. and the long pole was added later on.

Some sifu want their students to remember the root so they call it SIL LUM WING CHUN.

Latest Discussions