Silat or Kali Knife skills

TsunNew

White Belt
Reaction score
Im really new to martial arts and saw some of silat and kali videos on youtube. Do these skills actually Work? And what are your general opinions on both of theses styles.

OP
T

TsunNew

White Belt
Reaction score
overall I want something that is effective and i can use if i get caught in a bad situation whether it be knife, locks, groundwork. if you want to know the system im looking at website : http://www.willemdethouars.com/

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I suspect he could teach you a thing or two about martial arts, maybe even three things. :D Seriously though, he is something of a legend in many martial arts circles, it would be well, well, worth your while to go down and visit in person.

Lamont

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
When it comes to authentic Indonesian Silat and Kuntao knife skills, you probably won't find better in that region of the country. Really. Take advantage!!! Uncle Bill's got the stuff!

When it comes to knife skills, authentic Indonesian Silat is, by definition, effective.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
to answere in a few words YES they work
and yes Uncle Bill is the real thing

OP
T

TsunNew

White Belt
Reaction score
I went to visit Keith Moffett at the Kun Lun Pai Martial Arts in Westminster (its close) for a poor college student. I emailed Chas if you see on the website he's one of the top guys.
Chas
"The master-teacher there is Keith Moffat- a very respected fighter
and teacher. He is close with Willem de Thouars, and holds workshops
for him a lot. It is the best public practice group in the city."

Im going again to check out a class, he didnt pressure me and was very approachable.

Thank you all for your input hopefully ill be able to start soon

OP
T

TsunNew

White Belt
Reaction score
I went to keith moffet class, he knows his stuff and signed up for 4 introductory classes. He was really nice, cool. Talked about Human Weapon and how he knows one guy from the silat episode. Im short, he made me feel like this style will work for me.

REALLY COOL i cant say it any better

Latest Discussions