Side kick

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Watch Stephen Thompson's sidekicks, same technique.
Love thompson he's amazing I reckon his karate is better than machidas Thompson has more weapons mahcida mainly used his straight punches and his roundhouse and ball kicks whereas Thompson throws everything. Even his fight he lost against matt brown he only lost due to wrestling In a pure striking match he beat brown

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's different ways to throw and hit with a sidekick. It's not what my, or your, or anyone else's idea of what it should look like, it's which way, or ways, it works for you consistently in fighting and sparring. I've eaten a lot of sidekicks, been hit by the best of kickers in Martial Arts many times, in a lot of different ways. I've dished out a few as well, there hasn't been any one consistent way. If you don't chamber, it's a "shortest distance between two points" kind of thing, if you do chamber it's more of a "cocked gun aiming" way. Both can ruin your day if they're thrown at the right time and they hit you with power in the right place.

My wife and I throw sidekicks differently.

2jb0cn.jpg

But we both can hit with them on a consistent basis. She chambers more than I do and uses a sidekick in different combinations and timing than I do. My foot/ankle position is more American, hers is more classic power from Korean based kicking implemented into kick boxing .

But she had a better teacher than I did. She had me. :)
No offense Buka, but she looks much better executing a side kick. :)
Maybe your rear naked choke looks better?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No offense Buka, but she looks much better executing a side kick. :)
Maybe your rear naked choke looks better?

None taken, bro. Like I said, she had a better instructor. :)

SenseiHitman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Side kicks are an awesome weapon they can finish a fight now!!!!!! Look to Joe Lewis to see the best side kick. minimal telegrah with all the power!!!!!

Latest Discussions