sick!

Pedro Gouveia

White Belt
Reaction score
Pedro Gouveia said:
Well...i was ready yesterday for today to my first class of jiu jitsu.My wife comes home with a flew.So the result is that i´m with the flew too,but not the agressive type.
And the dilema is..a).do i go to the class,to my first class,and train hard for the flew to go way b).i don´t go to the class because i´m sick and i don´t want to pass to my companiers.
Well...i´m going to the dojo...only to get my new kimono...i don´t want to ruin the weekend to the others!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only thing that will cure you of flu is rest. Your body needs time to heal itself, and putting yourself through all of the stress is only going to slow down the process.

To make things worse, you're probably going to spread the flu virus to your classmates, if you train during that time. Even if someone is not concerned about what happens to his own body, he should also be thinking about the health of his classmates.

Get well first. Then come back and train hard.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only thing that will cure you of flu is rest. Your body needs time to heal itself, and putting yourself through all of the stress is only going to slow down the process.

To make things worse, you're probably going to spread the flu virus to your classmates, if you train during that time. Even if someone is not concerned about what happens to his own body, he should also be thinking about the health of his classmates.

Dead right. There's a funny attitude I've encountered here and there where people think that you can `sweat' your way past the flu. Doesn't work. Flu's an infection, often a severe one. You need your immune system to have full resources to fight and defeat it. Stress yourself physically and you compromise your immune system at the very moment when you most need it to be working at top capacity... very bad idea.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree - you need to rest, get better, and not share your germs with those around you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

That about covers it.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sound advice all round there. One thing to bear in mind is that your immune system only really fights at peak efficiency when you are asleep - that's why 'bedrest' is the most prescribed medicine in the world (that and 'fluids' :D).