Show your best breaking videos

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am rather partial to this one, that demonstrates that penetrating power of the okinawan toe kick.

Plus, break two by twos across an outstretched horizontal shin is pretty impressive.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am rather partial to this one, that demonstrates that penetrating power of the okinawan toe kick.

Plus, break two by twos across an outstretched horizontal shin is pretty impressive.

that's fake,as in pre weakened, you couldnt break that length of wood smashing it on a corner of a wall, the wood doesnt break in the right place either

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
that's fake,as in pre weakened, you couldnt break that length of wood smashing it on a corner of a wall, the wood doesnt break in the right place either

Serious allegation against a respected individual. Hmm.

Kiyohide Shinjo is a nine-time all-Okinawa kata and kumite champion, and a master of Uechi Ryu karate. Shinjo's unparalleled success in Okinawan karate competition earned him the nickname "Okinawa's Superman".

I don't have a dog in the fight.

But...

He gains nothing by faking it. He already has respect and renown. Wood breaks at the point of greatest weakness, not always at the point of impact.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Serious allegation against a respected individual. Hmm.
I don't have a dog in the fight.
maybe its not fake and he just knows a shop that sells seriously weak timber. Look at the first one where he is hitting it against the guys thigh, the end falls off , no where near the point of impact, no tearing of fibres, just falls of and shoots across the room, get some decent 2x2 timber and try and do that hitting it against a wall, you will give up with sore hands, before it breaks

Last edited:
OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
maybe its not fake and he just knows a shop that sells seriously weak timber. Look at the first one where he is hitting it against the guys thigh, the end falls off , no where near the point of impact, no tearing of fibres, just falls of and shoots across the room, get some decent 2x2 timber and try and do that hitting it against a wall, you will give up with sore hands, before it breaks

Or.... the dude is seriously conditioned by 50 years of breaking wooden objects, and training in Uechi Ryu. He retired undefeated in Okinawa.

I have broken two by twos against a steel ford bumper, a farrier's anvil, a tree, and an oak four by six. They don't always break where you would think.

I suspect that he is not using props that are preweakened.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or.... the dude is seriously conditioned by 50 years of breaking wooden objects, and training in Uechi Ryu. He retired undefeated in Okinawa.

I have broken two by twos against a steel ford bumper, a farrier's anvil, a tree, and an oak four by six. They don't always break where you would think.

I suspect that he is not using props that are preweakened.
but he is breaking them on the younger guys leg, how does 50 years of conditioning help when its someone else's leg?
the end doesn't fly off in a clean break no matter what you hit them on

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
but he is breaking them on the younger guys leg, how does 50 years of conditioning help when its someone else's leg?
the end doesn't fly off in a clean break no matter what you hit them on

In those 50 years, he has learned how to do it, and to teach others how to condition themselves in the same manner.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In those 50 years, he has learned how to do it, and to teach others how to condition themselves in the same manner.
you seem a very trusting sort of chap do you want to invest some money in this scheme I have

its not like any has ever posted fake videos

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
you seem a very trusting sort of chap do you want to invest some money in this scheme I have

its not like any has ever posted fake videos

Nah, but if you understood Okinawan culture, and Japanese culture. It's a pride, honor and face deal.

Shinjo Kiyohide (b. 1951) is one of those real deals.
He began karate training, not by his own choice, when he was ten years old.

Seiyu (his father) was a hard man concerning karate. He maintained the uncompromising, sometimes inhuman, standard of training established by Kanbun Uechi.

Intoxicated servicemen often found their way into the dojo, challenging the Okinawans to fight, in those days.

Seiyu Shinjo often ordered his son to fight the belligerent Americans. For many years the skinny young Okinawan was severely beaten by the challengers.

As Kiyohide’s size, strength, and karate ability increased, so did his dislike for American servicemen. In time Kiyohide won every fight with great pleasure.

The man who retired undefeated in Okinawa after a decade of ruling it's fight scene, really has nothing to gain from faking a breaking video, and very much to lose by doing it

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so that's your only
Nah, but if you understood Okinawan culture, and Japanese culture. It's a pride, honor and face deal.

Shinjo Kiyohide (b. 1951) is one of those real deals.
He began karate training, not by his own choice, when he was ten years old.

Seiyu (his father) was a hard man concerning karate. He maintained the uncompromising, sometimes inhuman, standard of training established by Kanbun Uechi.

Intoxicated servicemen often found their way into the dojo, challenging the Okinawans to fight, in those days.

Seiyu Shinjo often ordered his son to fight the belligerent Americans. For many years the skinny young Okinawan was severely beaten by the challengers.

As Kiyohide’s size, strength, and karate ability increased, so did his dislike for American servicemen. In time Kiyohide won every fight with great pleasure.

The man who retired undefeated in Okinawa after a decade of ruling it's fight scene, really has nothing to gain from faking a breaking video, and very much to lose by doing it
argument, that you know him to be honourable ? Though a least two of those are clearly faked, you cant see that, even if its right in front of you. Does he in anyway say that he hasn't got very weak wood, does he say he hasn't run a hacksaw though them , no to both

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
so that's your only

argument, that you know him to be honourable ? Though a least two of those are clearly faked, you cant see that, even if its right in front of you. Does he in anyway say that he hasn't got very weak wood, does he say he hasn't run a hacksaw though them , no to both

While not impossible that he faked it, it is extremely unlikely. I have seen Uechi breaking demos by second and third Dan's that lead me to conclude that their legit. I held the baseball bat that broke with a Shinto kick. I picked up the pieces afterwards and inspected them.
/bow

Last edited:
OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
While not impossible that he faked it, it is extremely unlikely. I have seen Uechi breaking demos by second and third Dan's that lead me to conclude that their legit. I held the baseball bat that broke with a Shinto kick. I picked up the pieces afterwards and inspected them.
/bow

Gah! Stupid auto correct. Shin kick, not Shinto kick.

Latest Discussions