Should I promote my grappling dummy

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
They say you learn best when you roll with people who are better than you. Should I promote my grappling dummy to 2-stripe to improve my practice at home?
Possible.
I have often used similar terms for students when I ask for volunteers for demonstrations.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They say you learn best when you roll with people who are better than you. Should I promote my grappling dummy to 2-stripe to improve my practice at home?

In our branch of Balintawak there is Juan, he know little to no training. There is Juanito, and he has some good training in a totally different style / system and decent training in the same art of a close sister art. Then there would be another Skribs. And that other Skribs is mean and doesn't like to share with people. They know everything you know. Plus one more move, and they won't tell you what that move is or where it could be applied. (* I told you mean and not sharing :( *) So, Skribs would have to assume that other Skribs is there opponent all the time. Including the shadow boxing or training dummy.

So by my definition my training partners all out rank me as I assume they know something I don't and I have to be prepared at all times for that surprise. :D

So yes Promote the Training Dummy :D

Latest Discussions