Shots Fired at White House

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a photo of the specific person being sought in connection with the shooting on the linked news story below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/11/16/white-house-bullet-found.html

Secret Service says bullet hit White House
The Associated Press
Posted: Nov 16, 2011 10:16 AM ET
Last Updated: Nov 16, 2011 10:47 AM ET
Read 30 comments30

The U.S. Secret Service says it has found a bullet that hit an exterior window of the White House and was stopped by ballistic glass.

An additional round of ammunition was found on the exterior of the White House. The bullets were found Tuesday.

A spokesman for the Secret Service, Edwin Donovan, declined to answer additional questions about the incident including the calibre bullets recovered or what room of the White House was behind the window that was hit, citing an ongoing criminal investigation.

The discovery follows reports of gunfire near the White House on Friday. Witnesses heard shots and saw two speeding vehicles in the area. An assault rifle was also recovered.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
what rock were they living under?
even I know they have bullet proof glass there....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can understand people getting frustrated enough to want to take a shot at the Prez... I don't support such action because it wouldn't solve anything. But firing upon the white-house itself and possibly hitting someone innocent (i.e. they just work there) or one of the President's kids... that's just plain ignorant... and yeah, like Granfire, even I know that they got bulletproof glass on all the windows.
Just plain ignorant and stupid.
My curiosity is what part of the white-house did they hit... was it any where even NEAR the oval office? Was the Prez in residency at the time? Plain ignorant. Trying to send a message? There's better ways to do it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Strange to me that the first two comments presume the guy is a leftist and an OWS protester. Huh...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As many gunshots that get popped off in DC a day im shocked the white house is not hit more often.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As many gunshots that get popped off in DC a day im shocked the white house is not hit more often.

:lfao:

comforting?

(so in turn it ought to be surprising that the politicians don't get hit more often either?)

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just love that they probably aimed at someone, and seriously thought it was going to work.
Then probably thought they missed, and wondered why noone had even flinched :D

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking, was this an actual shot at the White House, or did a stray bullet just happen to hit it? Either way you know the Secret Service is going to be all over whoever did it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, was this an actual shot at the White House, or did a stray bullet just happen to hit it? Either way you know the Secret Service is going to be all over whoever did it.

from what I gathered, the fool drove by the back side and shot out of the moving vehicle.

I am amazed he even hit the building!

Latest Discussions