Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For the children, then....

Make of it what you will... one famous take on it was that: "It seems very pretty... but it's rather hard to understand! Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas - only I don't exactly know what they are!"

Ah, and one final word - and I say this three times that I may be believed - the Snark was a Boojum, you see....

Ok.. Et maintenant, pour toi Christopher

Ah non tu peux pas savoir mec
Il lui fallait des discotheques
Et bouffer au Kangourou Club

mmmm.. chou :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, but cabbage is not to my taste, ma cherie, I consider the eating of vegetables rather callous... after all, the poor things have no chance to run away! Cruel, really. A cow may be too stupid to run away, but at least it has the option....

Yet, to stay with the topic at hand:

Or, for our international audience:

And if these lyrics have no meaning to anyone, then they had a very sad childhood....

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, but cabbage is not to my taste, ma cherie, I consider the eating of vegetables rather callous... after all, the poor things have no chance to run away! Cruel, really. A cow may be too stupid to run away, but at least it has the option....

Yet, to stay with the topic at hand:

Or, for our international audience:

And if these lyrics have no meaning to anyone, then they had a very sad childhood....
Christopher, I think it is time for you to spit out that divinorum or whatever you are chewing and come back to your realities again! :D Besides the Muppets were terrifying little creatures I think, no? *shudders* anyways here is clever and funny Brett Domino (that is not a common combo). I have not played my Kaossilator in ages. I must go do..

[yt]NJWj8HjX9ew[/yt]

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ha, that was fantastic! I was subjected to playing "Poker Face" once, so I, uh, "played" with it, until it was barely recognisable. Only way I could get through it....

As to the Muppets being scary, I don't know what you're talking about... but this is my favourite Muppet song of all time (including another favourite song within it...):

Dammit, there's another song that is dancing around my head, but I can't quite nail it down at the moment. Ah, it'll come back to me, and I'll find it for here.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ha, that was fantastic! I was subjected to playing "Poker Face" once, so I, uh, "played" with it, until it was barely recognisable. Only way I could get through it....

As to the Muppets being scary, I don't know what you're talking about... but this is my favourite Muppet song of all time (including another favourite song within it...):

Dammit, there's another song that is dancing around my head, but I can't quite nail it down at the moment. Ah, it'll come back to me, and I'll find it for here.
Well I do not know about Muppets besides the Manamana song which I know is a freaky 70s classic no lie! :D Speaking of TV themes, I think all the most catchy ones were from old 60s and 70s shows, no? Like this I mean:
yeah baby :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I realized today I have not been truly angry in quite a while and that, for me is a good thing…. Anger is not usually a good thing for me... but with everything going on in my little corner of the world… not to mention what is going on in the world… a little anger may be a good thing

Angry Again - Megadeth

The more of you that I inspect, The more of me I see reflect,
The more I try to read your lips, The more the mask you're wearing rips.
But when I seek out your voice, My ears are overcome with noise,
You show and tell with greatest ease, Raving impossibilities.

Engaged in crime I grasp my throat, Enraged my mind starts to smoke.
Enforce a mental overload,
Angry again, angry again, angry ow!

And when the story takes a twist, It folds like a contortionist.
Sleight of hand and quick exchange, The old tricks have been rearranged.

Angry again, angry again, angry.

The searing of the sinew, My body fights for air.
The ripping of the tissue, My lungs begin to tear.
Gravity's got my bones, It pulls my flesh away.
The steam finally dissipates, I make out my sweaty face.
Association that I choose, Game I inevitably lose.
Governed by laws set up by me, Fracture it's jaw to let me be.
A cut-out cardboard condomaze, Filled with an insubordinate race.
Irrational youths stop to stare, As music rubber hosed the air.

Angry again, angry again, angry again,
And again and again, again.

Angry again, angry again, angry ow!

Megadeth - Peace Sells

d

What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him every day.
What do you mean, "I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to.
What do you mean, "I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do
And, what do you mean, "I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?
[Chorus:]
If there's a new way,
I'll be the first in line.
But, it better work this time.
What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
I didn't know you had any feelings.
What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?
I'm just not your kind.
What do you mean, "I couldn't be the president of the United States of America"?
Tell me something, it's still "We the people", right?
[Chorus: (repeat)]
If there's a new way
I'll be the first in line,
But, it better work this time.
Can you put a price on peace?
Peace,
Peace sells...,
Peace,
Peace sells...,
Peace sells...,but who's buying?
No, peace sells...

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/1JSBhI_0at0

I don't listen to music when I'm angry. It doesn't improve my mood. Drawing calms me down quite well. But I like some rage against the machine while I'm working out.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@XS I think it is ok to be angry XS and but only when there can also be some suitable vehicle of catharsis with it. Controlling and internalising anger is dangerous I think and can lead to the misdiagnoses of introspection. I think music can be a suitable catharsis. Megadeth, now that fits the bill :D Here is one for you this says to me it is ok to be angry; it is ok not to like :)
[yt]jdmg8fJYX4M[/yt]

@Monroe I understand exactly how you mean and I think choice of music at the point of anger depends on whether you wish to shake off that anger and move on with more productive pursuits or dwell within (having some justification for that anger) for a while. When I am angry, I like a loud sonic expression of that anger, it makes me feel as if there is some empathy for my situation somewhere, even if the song has only one pertinent line. Do you listen to RatM when you are of a calm disposition? Lyrically they have always been unassailably rousing. A great song btw :) Here is one back for you... Ministry were always one of my favourite angry bands :)
[yt]BDgCKyWavzQ[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Crushing, oh wow, that is such a wonderful lyric and you know in terms of vibe, that totally reminds me of this!
[yt]zwFS69nA-1w[/yt]

@Monroe, Yes! I very much like Mr Reznor since PHM all those years ago! :) That is cool. And so listening to Rage when in a good mood implies that you have a social conscience and are active in that respect? I am just guessing, forgive me :) I like the songs you posted. I have heard of neither of these I will admit. First reminds me of QotSA! I like that. Second is much more indie and very delicate I think. Indie is one of those genres which extends beyond simply the independence of the record label I think - which genres or kinds of bands or singers in the indie bracket do you like best can I ask?

Well Radiohead are a longtime love of mine.. so indie they do not even have a label at all now :) hope you like and if not, let me know what you do like :)
[yt]XmNG2D81x3Y[/yt]

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Definitely a fan of Radiohead! Classic!

I suppose in comparison to average, I have a social conscience. I have a couple friends in Indie bands operating between Toronto, Montreal and London who are much more vocal. I do a little volunteer work. You too?

A bit hard to narrow down what type of Indie I like. Here's a few songs I like. If there's a pattern, I haven't noticed it.

http://youtu.be/mnPFumPixJw

http://youtu.be/N-mqhkuOF7s

http://youtu.be/n1wnOUH2jk8

http://youtu.be/itmFLruWpCo

http://youtu.be/ZW3BN_nwpzc

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’m in a better mood today… but then I’m not at work and I am listening to my youngest practice piano
I went into a music store to buy a CD today and completely forgot what I went in for so I started looking around and I found a Deep Purple CD and I had not heard Deep Purple in years so I bought it and I forgot how good old classic rock can be.

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water

We all came out to montreux
On the lake geneva shoreline
To make records with a mobile
We didnt have much time
Frank zappa and the mothers
Were at the best place around
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the water, fire in the sky
They burned down the gambling house
It died with an awful sound
Funky claude was running in and out
Pulling kids out the ground
When it all was over
We had to find another place
But swiss time was running out
It seemed that we would lose the race
We ended up at the grand hotel
It was empty cold and bare
But with the rolling truck
stones thing just outside
Making our music there
With a few red lights and a few old beds
We make a place to sweat
No matter what we get out of this
I know well never forget

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng - that was the first song my daughter attempted to sing to. Nothing like a 9 month old "duh duh duh" to the bassline of Smoke on the Water. She had it right to. She didn't like any nursery music but 70's rock went over well.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Monroe, hey I like your songs very much! Except Bat for Lashes, again I have not heard these artists before. I enjoy so much hearing music that is new to me so thank you! :)

Beirut remind me of Travis, see if you think so? Really odd video :)
Little Dragon is very low-fi and makes me think of like Land of the Loops :D

AS for being socially active, besides volunteering my time at the local college, I am probably not so active in my connunity as I could be. I try to do what I can :) Here is one for you since I would imagine that you might also condone socially cognisant graffiti (though these are hardly Banksy), good band and song though hope you like :)

@XS, Smoke on the Water reminds me and I am sure a million other people of the first thing they shaped a barred chord on their first guitar :D Glad you are in better form. Talking of classic rock riffs... Well how could I not? :D
[yt]xVIVvOqBHps[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Jenna - Beirut isn't really like Travis. I think Mumford and Sons - Winter Winds is more similar to Beirut.

I haven't heard Land of the Loops before, thanks it's decent. Here's something for you.

Haven't listened to ACDC in a long time either. lol nice.
Winter City sounds very current I think, I like that thank you! I once knew a band from myspace who got signed up and then refused to talk to me lol.

This
sounds in my ears as an homage to some 1980s songs I recall, do you hear that too? I still love the spacious sound of it :)

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Winter City sounds very current I think, I like that thank you! I once knew a band from myspace who got signed up and then refused to talk to me lol.

This
sounds in my ears as an homage to some 1980s songs I recall, do you hear that too? I still love the spacious sound of it :)

It does have an 80's feel to it, but I don't recall any specific song.

Vampire Weekend are pretty well known now.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It does have an 80's feel to it, but I don't recall any specific song.

http://youtu.be/_XC2mqcMMGQ Vampire Weekend are pretty well known now.
Excellent! I love finding old references in songs. When I listen to VW I hear everything from Dylan to old ska-style beats. Very cool :D You have fine taste though I am probably not one to remark. Please tell me what musical mood you are in currently? Which song sums up your mood today or what did you last listen to? I should be interested to know :)

I do not know what it is about bands catching 1980s synthesizer waves and but here is one that I looked up after watching the original Wall Street movie lately. VERY 1980s! Love Talking Heads too :) This is my today song.

[yt]Cqg_ZGcuybs[/yt]

Latest Discussions