Shaolin Monk harnesses Qi to drill his head?

Happy-Papi

Green Belt
Reaction score

The power of Qi...
Watching this made me felt like a total newbie!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jebus Happy-Papi, why feel like a newbie? Maybe a newbie in the sensationalised entertainment industry, which is all that is. I put that on the equivalent of a half decent magician with a smoke and mirrors parlour trick. OK, so I am not there and can never hope to validate this but I would wager if I could ever meet that guy and offer to use the drill on him he would decline, let alone let anyone take a swing at him with a real katana. He has good skills at manipulation and physics re body positioning and control (re balancing on the spears etc) but the guy will bleed and die like anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the show, and it is an impressive show, but that has no place in real martial arts and never did. No one without body armour can take a hit from a live blade and not get cut/bleed out. Chi won't stop someone else pushing a drill bit through your head.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
PS, Happy-Papi, I really dig your personal MA/motorcross etc website, it's a real gas and some fun and interesting stuff on there. It's great what you are doing with your boy too. I got a v young daughter and she already kicks and punches at the heavy bag when she goes by and has her own pair on foam nunchuks she practices with in the back yard when I work with the real things, much to some of her mum's friends' horror! : ) I can't wait til she is bigger and I can show her more stuff. Right now she just sees it all as fun and games, which I hope to keep that way. Also, you got me really wanting to take up kali or some such now to supplement my empty hand training and do with my kid when she is bigger (wife too dangerous already, I don't want her learning those knife skills, not safe...). It looks like great fun but also could be very good in practical application.

Latest Discussions