Shanghai Knights......

• Thread starter Master of Blades
  • Start date
OP
A

Andi

A Brummie is somebody from Birmingham (Brum). We're only lame at cricket cos nobody actually plays it. We're the best there is at rugby.

OP
K

Kope

I found a few of the scenes really funny.

The fight with the umbrella could have been Buster Keaton -- it's a classic light-hearted little scene that shows Jackie's real comic genius (instead of the tired slap-stick stuff his usually doing). Too bad there's not more bits like that in more of his movies.

It was a fun little move. I'll probably buy it on DVD when I see it on sale someplace for 5 or 6 bucks.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by moromoro
mate just wait till the world cup this year?????

best there is at rugby??????
losing does not count

Rule number 576 of getting on with Brits: DO NOT start an argument with a Brummie :lol:

OP
A

Andi

Originally posted by Kope
The fight with the umbrella could have been Buster Keaton -- it's a classic light-hearted little scene that shows Jackie's real comic genius (instead of the tired slap-stick stuff his usually doing). Too bad there's not more bits like that in more of his movies.

Yeah that bit was very good. But all the stuff with the girls in the bedroom and all of that? What was all that about? The girl (still can't remember her name) was excellent I thought. And it was strange seeing that bloke off "Queer as folk" as the bad guy.

mate just wait till the world cup this year?????

best there is at rugby??????
losing does not count

Hey, if we were bad I'd say it, but we are actually really good right now. Clive Woodward's done great things! We can take you aussies, the All Blacks, South Africa, anybody!

Originally posted by Master of Blades
Rule number 576 of getting on with Brits: DO NOT start an argument with a Brummie

Too right. Just ask Ozzy. But as low as 576? :disgust: hehe

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Andi

Too right. Just ask Ozzy. But as low as 576? :disgust: hehe

What can I say, were a hard country to get on with :lol:

OP
W

WaterCircleHarmony

:mad:
Yes Donnie Yen was indeed wasted yet again!!!

Perhaps Andi doesn't agree. But what does Andi know? He doesn't even watch rugby!

He was wasted in Blade 2 as well! Not Andi...but that would have been quite funny to see Andi wasted in Blade 2. :D

What are you film director lot playing at??!!

Personally i think Aiden Gillen's ( that bloke from Queer as Folk) scenes were funny. his sword fighting scenes filmed from behind (his stuntman's scenes) were the best example of showing how a stuntman can move and look completely different from the real actor!!

I would like to see him in a film with Phillip Rhee actually, but i hear that the Dacascos and Li pairing incradle 2 the grave didn't live up to expectation, but that another thread i expect.

OP
M

Master of Blades

I think us British people need our own forum to argue with each other in :D

OP
L

lost_tortoise

Does imperialism just course through your veins?!? Must you Brits take over, and ultimately destroy, everything?!? :p Have you no shame? :)

My father did his doctoral research in Birmingham (at Strangeways lab).....do you know Bryan and June Hemsworth? Not that you would as Birmingham is such a big place, but I thought I'd ask.

geoffrey

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by lost_tortoise
Does imperialism just course through your veins?!? Must you Brits take over, and ultimately destroy, everything?!? :p Have you no shame? :)

geoffrey

In answer to your question, Yes, Yes and No :lol:

OP
A

Andi

Perhaps Andi doesn't agree. But what does Andi know? He doesn't even watch rugby!

Lies! I do of a Saturday when I don't get up till half 3 and the rugby's on. The Goal Rush hasn't started by then.

He was wasted in Blade 2 as well! Not Andi...but that would have been quite funny to see Andi wasted in Blade 2.

Hehe...wasted how? :confused: I would have done that. I'm surely better than that bloke from Bros. Fair play to Danny John-Jules though (Cat and Barrington).

I think us British people need our own forum to argue with each other in

And to think I haven't even started on you being southern yet.

Does imperialism just course through your veins?!? Must you Brits take over, and ultimately destroy, everything?!? Have you no shame?

It's a fair comment. We're like locusts.

My father did his doctoral research in Birmingham (at Strangeways lab).....do you know Bryan and June Hemsworth? Not that you would as Birmingham is such a big place, but I thought I'd ask.

Hmmmmm. The only Strangeways I'm aware of is that huge riotous prison in Manchester. It would be quite amazing if I did know them wouldn't it? Ah well.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Andi
And to think I haven't even started on you being southern yet.

:shrug: ......Let loose man......Your from up North......Thats country settings......And dont even get me started on sheep jokes :shrug:

It's a fair comment. We're like locusts.

'Tis true :asian:

OP
W

WaterCircleHarmony

BARTH, PARNTS, GRARSE

MARSTER PLARN...:rofl:

OP
M

Master of Blades

any one from london?

Me, I am, me......Why do you ask?