SGM Parker clip: Kill the Golden Goose

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For those who haven't had a chance to see this film, here is a clip of one of SGM Parker's fight scenes:

http://www.skipton.dsl.pipex.com/ian/goldengoose.divx.avi

Video is 10Mb big and uses DivX video codec and MP3 audio codec.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late, I started a new job a few weeks back and all of a sudden I seem to have no time at all. Buy the time I've got home on a night, made some tea and got all my washing, ironing, cleaning etc. done it's bedtime! I hate it, no time to do anything fun :(

Anyway, enjoy the clip,

Ian.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ian thanks sharing this, but for some reason I get audio, but only a still picture. I'm not sure why. :idunno: I have the DivX codec, so I'm wondering if it's working for anyone else...

MJ :asian:

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Me too, no pictures just sound. Shame, I remeber watching a bad copy of this about 15 yrs ago and would like to see some or all of it without the "SNOW". But I did enjoy the dialogue "......fulfil your contracts....".

Rich

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
satans.barber said:
Hi guys,

For those who haven't had a chance to see this film, here is a clip of one of SGM Parker's fight scenes:

http://www.skipton.dsl.pipex.com/ian/goldengoose.divx.avi

Video is 10Mb big and uses DivX video codec and MP3 audio codec.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet of late, I started a new job a few weeks back and all of a sudden I seem to have no time at all. Buy the time I've got home on a night, made some tea and got all my washing, ironing, cleaning etc. done it's bedtime! I hate it, no time to do anything fun :(

Anyway, enjoy the clip,

Ian.
I've been looking for that movie. Anywhere special I can order it from?

Thanks!

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Excellent Clip Thanks for the chance to view it.
Hey-ya Mark how come it worked for you? No fair! :lol:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't get it to play either, but I have the movie and I thought it was great!

Mike

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was able to see it.. but no sound... hmm, mebbe if ya'll go deaf then perhaps it'll work ... go ahead get the ice-picks out and have at it... Ceicei and I (and Deaf...still there??) will be happy to teach/tutor American Sign Language to those brave enough.

Interesting clip...typical 70's exaggeration of MA abilities. I'm sure SGM Parker had more fun doing this than he'll admit. Good for a giggle at how the guy went flying through the wall after being catapulted off the broken coffee table.
Thanks for the clip. :D

:asian:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the reason most of us are having problems is because it is divx movie.

V/R
Rick

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL :rofl: Mark you could have shared that before, besides that's not cheating... but anyway I had that installed already and it wasn't working, so I just now dropped the .avi file onto the DivX player screen and it worked! Yeah! Very Cool! Here's the link for the Divx player for anyone who needs it... http://www.divx.com/divx/

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone who an't play the video needs to download the *latest* DivX codec, if you have an out of date one it may not work. Just grab teh newest one (free one is fine) from divx.com and it should play fine.

Ian.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
People!

I see you need me back on this board. Mr. C, I'm ashamed of you.

This is not Kill the Golden Goose! It is a Pink Panther film. The first one Mr. Parker was in I think. Even the last frame shows Peter Sellers in disguise!

Ok, who knows if this is really
Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978)
?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662218/

I can't believe no one caught this yet. I hope I didn't overlook something.
:xtrmshock

P.S. I rented Kill the Golden Goose around 1986 and when I told my instructor that I rented/saw it last night he said "That's too bad." Or something similar. He may have said "I'm sorry." :rofl:

M

Mark Weiser

Okay pulling out the memory chip and accessing the neccessary data. I remember seeing this clip now lol many years ago. I have never seen the movie Kill The Golden Goose so I have to say this is one of the Pink Pather Clips.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
cdhall said:
People!
I see you need me back on this board. Mr. C, I'm ashamed of you.
This is not Kill the Golden Goose! It is a Pink Panther film. The first one Mr. Parker was in I think. Even the last frame shows Peter Sellers in disguise!
Ok, who knows if this is really
Revenge of the Pink Panther (1978)?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662218/
I can't believe no one caught this yet. I hope I didn't overlook something.
P.S. I rented Kill the Golden Goose around 1986 and when I told my instructor that I rented/saw it last night he said "That's too bad." Or something similar. He may have said "I'm sorry." :rofl:
There you go again Doug...:angry: (being ashamed of me for something I was not a part of)!

I realize that the "official thread name" is To Kill the Golden Goose {which in a prior post I mentioned that I possess} but what Ian stated was "For those who haven't had a chance to see this film, here is a clip of one of SGM Parker's fight scenes" the KEY word here is "THIS" film. Some may think that it refers to the Title of the Thread (which could include Ian), yet others [like myself] thought it referred to what is on the clip posted which is a clip from the Revenge of the Pink Panther.

At any rate it is/was fun watching and reminiscing about Mr. Parker again, thanks Ian.:ultracool

p.s. Doug, I'll deal with you in 3 weeks.:whip:

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oops, this is my mistake! The clip is indeed from a pink panther film (not sure which one). I looked on IMDB but I've obviously done it while I was half asleep or something as I though the 'Mr. Chong' character was from Kill The Golden Goose.

I'll do some press-ups or something as punishment.... ;)

Ian.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
There you go again Doug...:angry: (being ashamed of me for something I was not a part of)!

I realize that the "official thread name" is To Kill the Golden Goose {which in a prior post I mentioned that I possess} but what Ian stated was "For those who haven't had a chance to see this film, here is a clip of one of SGM Parker's fight scenes" the KEY word here is "THIS" film. Some may think that it refers to the Title of the Thread (which could include Ian), yet others [like myself] thought it referred to what is on the clip posted which is a clip from the Revenge of the Pink Panther.

At any rate it is/was fun watching and reminiscing about Mr. Parker again, thanks Ian.:ultracool

p.s. Doug, I'll deal with you in 3 weeks.:whip:

OMG.

OK, this may be my last post for real this time.

But here is what I thought. I thought Ian was saying something like "here is a clip of this [To Kill the Golden Goose] movie if you haven't seen it."

Later I thought Dr. Kenpo said he'd been looking for To Kill the Golden Goose. Then I thought Mr. C said he had To Kill the Golden Goose, which I don't doubt, and I thought he was further confirming that the clip was from To Kill the Golden Goose.

I didn't expect all of this to be a Grammatical comedy of errors especially since I presume that Ian was trained to speak the Queen's English better than I. :confused:

So I maybe misread everything, but I thought Mr. C. confirmed this was a clip from To Kill the Golden Goose and that is what I was ashamed of.

Now I'm just ashamed of being on the Internet. :uhohh:

I don't understand how Mr. C. read all that the way he did. The key word "this" is a pronoun which is supposed to refer back to a previous proper noun which in this case would most logically be the movie title To Kill the Golden Goose. And therein lies the source of my confusion.

I'll go away now before I get into more trouble. Mr. C. I'm sorry I misread your post. We all now know that you indeed were aware that this clip did not come from To Kill the Golden Goose which is what I suspected to begin with.
:asian:

Ian, sir, I further assume that press-ups are more commonly known here in the USA as push-ups? Right?

Don't do any of those on my account. Heaven forbid Mr. C. comes down here in 3 weeks and asks me on what authority I got a Black Belt to drop and do push-ups as a punishment.
:waah:

And please don't anyone take this too seriously, I don't know if there is a smiely for "relax" but I put as many other ones in here as I could. This is truly a comedy of errors and nothing more. I hope I don't have to do 1000 push ups at camp for making Mr. C mad or anything. I hope we can all see how it is a misunderstanding, even if only because my own grasp of English is flawed.
:anic: