Sexy Commando.

greaterdeamon

White Belt
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting doesn't it?
It's not a fighting style, or a special move.
But an interesting technique when properly applied.

This technique is the evolution of distraction technique. As presented in the popular manga and anime series with the same name, it shows real potential if used correctly.

It follows the strategy of distraction to break an opponents guard, know for it's unconventional approaches it still has the idea that isn't be utilized as well as it should be.

the manga is linked here:
http://www.onemanga.com/Sexy_Commando_Gaiden_Sugoiyo_Masaru-san/

Share your thoughts on the subject of distraction techniques.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like manga, but very rarely does it portray martial arts with any sense of reality. But you wanted to discuss distraction techniques so heres my two plastic coins (you think I'll give two cents in this economy you're crazy!)

1. Distractions with objects- training in tradition japanese martial arts allows me to practice with metsubishi (blinding powder) and shuriken. Thorwing things at people or blinding them with dust or whatnot are effective means for escaping and in some cases closing the distance. But have a plan when you get there.

2. Distractions to set up devastating techniques- the second lesson we learn in my martial art is that you need to set up your opponent. You need to do something that will cause him to react in a certain way so he will fall into your "trap" which is the technique you plan to take him down with. I believe a good distraction should cause pain, but it doesn't necessarily have to, it just has to make the opponent react in the way you intented him to react.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like manga, but very rarely does it portray martial arts with any sense of reality. But you wanted to discuss distraction techniques so heres my two plastic coins (you think I'll give two cents in this economy you're crazy!)

1. Distractions with objects- training in tradition japanese martial arts allows me to practice with metsubishi (blinding powder) and shuriken. Thorwing things at people or blinding them with dust or whatnot are effective means for escaping and in some cases closing the distance. But have a plan when you get there.

2. Distractions to set up devastating techniques- the second lesson we learn in my martial art is that you need to set up your opponent. You need to do something that will cause him to react in a certain way so he will fall into your "trap" which is the technique you plan to take him down with. I believe a good distraction should cause pain, but it doesn't necessarily have to, it just has to make the opponent react in the way you intented him to react.

Head fake and a punch to the jaw? I dunno, just saying. And I've got a head fake with me - I'm a bit low on 'blinding powder'. Where do they sell that, anyway?

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Head fake and a punch to the jaw? I dunno, just saying. And I've got a head fake with me - I'm a bit low on 'blinding powder'. Where do they sell that, anyway?

I'm not sure what you mean by "head fake."

On the matter of blinding power, you could do it the old fashion way and carry a hollowed out egg filled with ash, pepper, or even talcum powder, but in this day and age it is more effective to just buy a can of pepper spray.

By distractions, I'm not referring to the "Hey look over there!" or soemthing to divert attention that way. I'm think about trying to kick someone in the balls so he reacts only to find out that I was really trying to kick him I just wanted him to react to it so I could smash im in the face.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dunno why but a voice from a movie watched long time ago...
Gedde Wantanabe shouting from a tree limb above the h.s. hunk in the movie "16 Candles".... "ohhhh sexxxiee girrllfrriend!" then falls out of the tree on the guy.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "head fake."

http://books.google.com/books?id=7M...ts=M71TkkVRro&sig=Z_Jx1NPD-4MApIE4hK8ie3UfTho

On the matter of blinding power, you could do it the old fashion way and carry a hollowed out egg filled with ash, pepper, or even talcum powder, but in this day and age it is more effective to just buy a can of pepper spray.

None of which I am likely to have in a pocket at any given time. My head pretty much stays with me all the time.

By distractions, I'm not referring to the "Hey look over there!" or soemthing to divert attention that way. I'm think about trying to kick someone in the balls so he reacts only to find out that I was really trying to kick him I just wanted him to react to it so I could smash im in the face.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant by head fake. You can do it with your body, arms, and legs, without too much difficulty.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting doesn't it?
It's not a fighting style, or a special move.
But an interesting technique when properly applied.

This technique is the evolution of distraction technique. As presented in the popular manga and anime series with the same name, it shows real potential if used correctly.

It follows the strategy of distraction to break an opponents guard, know for it's unconventional approaches it still has the idea that isn't be utilized as well as it should be.

the manga is linked here:

Share your thoughts on the subject of distraction techniques.

:shrug:

The link didn't distract me. What art do you train in?