Senban Shuriken

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For everyone out there do you have a link for Paul's store?
icon14.gif

Senban

White Belt
Reaction score
Elftengu said:-
Another of the Den Ronin has meandered here like me I see!:)

I'm here too Elfie! Just this second got in, stamped the mud from my tabi and settled down with a coffee :)

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Elftengu said:-

I'm here too Elfie! Just this second got in, stamped the mud from my tabi and settled down with a coffee :)

Hey Senban, Are you sure that's you in your avatar? :D

I think Paul is trying to distance himself from his own shuriken operation for some reason but it seems you can still get them although I think they stopped doing the 8-pointers a while back.

OP
gatamayo

gatamayo

White Belt
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Paul Richardson's senban shuriken about a year ago and they are very well made. They came unsharpened so with a little elbow grease and a diamond file I was able to sharpen them and now they stick to the pine target board I constructed. I highly recommend them. I have seen some the Ed Green shuriken and they are also of the highest quality but alas Mr Green has never answered any of my emails so I have decided to look else where. There is a gentleman I believe in the Czech Republic that makes all types of traditional wooden training weapons as well as shuriken. He is a bit pricey and the shipping as well but if you have the money then that shouldn't be a problem.

canit

White Belt
Reaction score
At a seminar this past weekend I met two people who have been waiting over 6 months for products from Mr. Green. Both said that he responded quickly to their questions prior to placing their orders. However once money was sent and promised production/shipping times passed he failed to respond to their emails.

As one of them put it, "I thought I was safe placing my order with a fellow Bujinkan member." Obviously not.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
At a seminar this past weekend I met two people who have been waiting over 6 months for products from Mr. Green. Both said that he responded quickly to their questions prior to placing their orders. However once money was sent and promised production/shipping times passed he failed to respond to their emails.

As one of them put it, "I thought I was safe placing my order with a fellow Bujinkan member." Obviously not.

Sadly that is a story i can say is so. I have been waiting over a year and no response , of course after i sent money. I have a freind who sent Mr Green alot of money for a large order and nothing. Its a shame.

DannyF

White Belt
Reaction score
Obviously, Ed is out of business. There are still other makers.
Daniel Bowley
Paul Richardson
Shinada San

just to name a few..

jango67

White Belt
Reaction score
at the same time i want to warn everyone that ed green at budoweapons is a thief and yes i have proof, he may not have ripped everyone off but he has ripped some people off, like me. i placed an order on feb 11,2008 and still have not recieved anything and edd greeen will not answer any of my e-mails..yes great quality shurikens but at $75.00
for a stack of 9 do you want to take the chance?

Matt Stennett

White Belt
Reaction score
For anyone still looking I sell senban shuriken too. They are not as historically correct as Bud Malmstrom's were, but they are relatively cheap and available to ship quickly, while begin close enough to train with. Feel free to check out my other items as well.

http://www.jinenkanseigi.com/for_sale.htm

(Mods - I hope this doesn't break the "advertising rule." I'm just responding to an inquiry. Please let me know if it's inappropriate and I'll delete the post)

Matt

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
at the same time i want to warn everyone that ed green at budoweapons is a thief and yes i have proof, he may not have ripped everyone off but he has ripped some people off, like me. i placed an order on feb 11,2008 and still have not recieved anything and edd greeen will not answer any of my e-mails..yes great quality shurikens but at $75.00
for a stack of 9 do you want to take the chance?
That's a very strong accusation to make. If you have proof you should probably post it.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For anyone still looking I sell senban shuriken too. They are not as historically correct as Bud Malmstrom's were, but they are relatively cheap and available to ship quickly, while begin close enough to train with. Feel free to check out my other items as well.

http://www.jinenkanseigi.com/for_sale.htm

(Mods - I hope this doesn't break the "advertising rule." I'm just responding to an inquiry. Please let me know if it's inappropriate and I'll delete the post)

Matt
I will be contacting you.

Black6x

White Belt
Reaction score
I hate resurrecting old posts, but in searching Google to see if anyone else had issues with Ed Green of Budo Weapons, this was the first thing to come up, aside from his own website.

On August 25, 2011 after some back and forth emailing with Ed to get pricing and details, I ordered an Ipe hanbo, sending him a check for $40. Approximately six weeks later, on 10/7/2011, having heard nothing from him, I sent him an email simply asking for a timeline for its completion. He responded on the same day with

I'll get it out to you sometime next week. I am sorry for the delay. My day job seems to have over taken my life lately. your order did not slip my mind- except I thought your order was a pair of Kakute. DOH!!Thanks for the reminder...

Ed

Seemed simple enough. Almost 3 weeks later, I had not received anything. I sent an email on 10/26/2011 asking when the hanbo was sent. I received no response. I sent an email 11/5 and again received no response. On 11/17, I sent an email either requesting my money back of the hanbo which I paid for. Again, I received no response.

I would guess that is why he no longer accepts paypal (as he stated in an earlier email with me):
Pat,

That would be because I no longer accept paypal. Money order (preferred), personal check or cashiers check only. I will need your address to calculate shipping and handling and I will send you a turnkey quote and where to send payment.
Thanks!

Ed

My guess is that because of Paypal's dispute resolution, when he failed to provide ordered items, they returned the money to the buyer. Technically, Paypal says that he is unable to receive money, which I would guess means that he's had enough disputes for Paypal to shut down that account for liability issues. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the initial issue may have been caused by the accident he was in, and not allowing web orders allows him to control volume, but two years later and only taking orders by email , you would think the issue were well under control. Especially by his words above.

At this point, I cannot recommend purchasing anything from Ed Green of Budo Weapons. The complaints that appeared 3 years ago appear to be ongoing. His lack of communication once he has your money seems to be the norm.

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well Ed Green is certainly on everyone's list to purchase them from so that is why he is back logged. If you do not mind waiting then www.budoweapons.com is definately the way to go. Daniel Bowley also I believe makes authentic Budo Taijutsu training tools. I do not have a contact email for him now. (I once did) You can see his work on this page and he is highly recommended!

I was informed earlier this year that Mr Bowley had been taking a break from smithing. He may or may not be still on that break, fwiw. :)

Latest Discussions