seeking master

Chitmunk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,I am a martial artist that has recieved training in many martial art systems, a master of basics as I like to jokingly say it. I find that as my training stands I am very capable in self defense, but my style is fragmented and incomplete because of my failure to stay with one school of training for long. What I am seeking is a master, someone who can take this figurative stone that many have put chips in before and turn it into a beautiful work of art. I do not care what style, or regional background I will be trained in, though I just have a slight suspicion that a chinese system will be what completes my training, I am more interested in simply completeing my training, reaching some level of mastery, ability both physically and spiritually.a little about myself, and my style. I am 5'8", 201lbs, pretty heavily muscled, and thick built, but could stand to lose another 20 lbs. I am good at ground fighting, and I like to throw palm heals and elbows, I also have heavy legs that can produce allot of power in both round houses and knees. I also am fairly adept at wrist and shoulder locks as well as chokes. I am in the US Navy so I travel around allot.if anyone could point me in a good direction please contact me.Chitmunk

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First, welcome, and happy posting! :wavey: And thanks for serving our country. :asian:

Second, if you could give people some idea of where you are, that might help.

Third, you could start with this thread, Choosing a school, as it has some great ideas for finding a school/instructor.

Good luck, and let us know how your search goes!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to MT :) and thank you for your service :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! You need to pick a popular style, like Judo, that's offered in many places. It should be transferable! Get a full base from it, then work on integrating what you have.

Failing that...you're looking for a Jeet Kune Do or possibly MMA instructor.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.

I agree with Arnisador. Judo may be the way to go.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!
icon6.gif

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martialtalk.
Best of luck in finding the school/system you want to study.
Ii am sure you will have many opportunities to find what you are seeking. Just start actively searching and watching the people in the places you visit

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! How many people aboard the ship? There are probably a minimum of 10 guys there who've reached a stage in various arts who would be able to train you, if they were so inclined. Yeah, they could be transferred out, but at least for now they travel with you. Maybe a couple of notices on bulletin boards, or?

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome and best of luck in finding the training you are looking for.

OP
Chitmunk

Chitmunk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice. I will keep everyone posted on how things work out.

Latest Discussions