Searching for Inspiration

G

Gavin

I am a martial artist, but I am also an artist, in the fine art sense. I have to fill a room with something for an art exhibition. It can be filled with anything, for people to come and look at? got any ideas? It's really important, i'm stressing about it. In other words, if you had the use of an empty room, what would u do or put in it?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Southern Crane said:
I am a martial artist, but I am also an artist, in the fine art sense. I have to fill a room with something for an art exhibition. It can be filled with anything, for people to come and look at? got any ideas? It's really important, i'm stressing about it. In other words, if you had the use of an empty room, what would u do or put in it?
Is there a theme to your request? Is someone else asking you to fill a room for them? If so, did they make any specific request?

- Ceicei

OP
G

Gavin

No not at all. It can be anything. A performance, some objects. what would u, as a martial artist enthusiast do? I am very stressed out with this creative block and need some advice.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
paintings , landscapes, portraits, etc.

sculptures: human, objects, free forms

if you had an exceptional collection of engravings on weapons or weapons of the finest craftsmanship they could be used

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Southern Cane you are a new Ma'er welcome to answer your question do what you are doing now the art of Wu shu take pictures and news clipping and do your art the way it was meant to be.

OP
G

Gavin

I am having trouble finding my inner creation. Is there any martial arts exercises anyone can suggest that would help bring my creative quality out?

OP
G

Gavin

exercises that would help stimulate the mind maybe? I am open to suggestions.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Southern Crane said:
......In other words, if you had the use of an empty room, what would u do or put in it?
I would put all my dojo stuff in it so I could work out and also have a microbrewery off to one side so when I am done with my workout I wouldn't have to walk so far down the street to the pub.
beer2.gif

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have a color theme of red and black with a touch of white, and maybe yellow. I'd have people on platforms in strategic places around the room performing interesting kata (maybe some weapons forms) but have them not interacting with the audience - like living statues, and perhaps even have some two man stuff. I'd have on display all kinds of weapons in black or red cases on the walls, and/or under glass top table displays throughout the room. I might also do a black and white photo wall, maybe with the photos in special effects like soft glow showing people in different and interesting gi styles, or in interesting MA poses. If it's something you want people to stay for you should have comfy places for them to sit. How many people are you expecting to visit this display? Obviously, I can spend a lot of money quickly :uhyeah:. What is your budget?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I would put all my dojo stuff in it so I could work out and also have a microbrewery off to one side so when I am done with my workout I wouldn't have to walk so far down the street to the pub.
beer2.gif

Now there is an idea!

I had the same "problem" at my house. The room is L shaped. And I actually did turn the long part into a dojo and the short part into my brewery!

I use my little studio for working out and for doing private lessons with students.

Someday, when I build a new house, I hope to expand the operation. And maybe find a new place for my brew. The smell in the summer is quite pungent.

upnorthkyosa

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
The smell in the summer is quite pungent.

upnorthkyosa
Ya, nothing like the smell of sweat AND beer mixed together............ :barf:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Ya, nothing like the smell of sweat AND beer............
Hmm only the strong of will or the very drunk will survive that! :uhyeah:

OP
G

Gavin

mj-hi-ya, I have no budget. But thanks for ur advice. anymore advice is welcome.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Somehow a micro brewery a MA dont seem to match....:)
Of course they do.... It's the fast track recipe for mastery of the Drunken Kung Fu systems......... :ultracool

--Dave

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
Of course they do.... It's the fast track recipe for mastery of the Drunken Kung Fu systems......... :ultracool

--Dave
Isn't that the same as "Bar room Ryu"?:wink2:

Latest Discussions