scrooges

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just at a store, finishing some last minute shopping. Two women were talking together, trying to seperate two stuck buggies. I figured one was a mom, the other a daughter. So, I go unstick the buggies and give one to the daughter, who seemed to be struggling the most. She just ran off. I grabbed the other buggy. I noticed they were not together, so I offered the buggy to the older woman. She said "You were going to take that for yourself. That was very rude". !! . Geez, you try to do something nice for someone, and you get nothing but bitterness. I just wished her a Merry Christmas, got a few other people buggies (like I normally do) and went about my way.

some people can just be so bitter, not accepting any hint of kindness...

anyone else had any scrooge experiences this year?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was just at a store, finishing some last minute shopping. Two women were talking together, trying to seperate two stuck buggies. I figured one was a mom, the other a daughter. So, I go unstick the buggies and give one to the daughter, who seemed to be struggling the most. She just ran off. I grabbed the other buggy. I noticed they were not together, so I offered the buggy to the older woman. She said "You were going to take that for yourself. That was very rude". !! . Geez, you try to do something nice for someone, and you get nothing but bitterness. I just wished her a Merry Christmas, got a few other people buggies (like I normally do) and went about my way.

some people can just be so bitter, not accepting any hint of kindness...

anyone else had any scrooge experiences this year?

AHHH, True but now it feels like Christmas to me :)

I agree people tend to not see the positive even at this time of year

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In this day-n-age people read/hear/see about crimes and strife all over the media, so is it any wonder that they'll think the worse of someone trying to do something nice before they'll think the best?
Not trying to blame the media (totally) of course, oh no, never that ( :rolleyes: ) ... but when people are bombarded by robberies and murders and so on and so on from the news... how else are they to think of their world?
Still, optimism says that there are more good people in the world than bad. That there are people out there who'll lend a friendly hand, say a kind word, do something in a small way that'll make (other) people smile.
Funny how holidays can be a good time and a bad time depending upon the person(s).

Scrooges? Met a few this year of course, meet some every-year. Part of life. But why talk of the Scrooges? Why not talk about the Bob Cratchits that surely exists in this world, right along side with the Scrooges and (hopefully) outnumber them?

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread... just think that we can talk about upbeat things and that it'd be more preferable than reading about those old misers and life-haters ... the Scrooges. :D

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
But..but.. what about Festivus and the Airing of Grievances??

And I got some grievances!

joking, of course, but I DO like that Seinfeld episode :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread... just think that we can talk about upbeat things and that it'd be more preferable than reading about those old misers and life-haters ... the Scrooges. :D

WELL what about the Marleys of the world...Jacob Marley and Bob Marley
NOW thats how a Hijack is done :D

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WELL what about the Marleys of the world...Jacob Marley and Bob Marley
NOW thats how a Hijack is done :D
Somehow I think that had Bob Marley been Scrooges partner instead of Jacob Marley old Scrooge wouldn't have been nearly so uptight.

As for Scrooges, I've met plenty of folks that have ignored a kindness this year and every year before. This year, however, I've met many more that are the Kratchit kind. Maybe it's just moving back to the country and getting out of the city that did it for me but I don't really care the reason as long as I continue to meet good folks.

((and THAT is how a redirect is done. :) ))

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Place I'm working at for the holidays....a few days back.
Coworker collapses, cracks her head hard.
Theres blood, EMTs were called, etc.

Customer complains about the delay in getting her order ready, when told there was an accident replied "I don't care. Push her out of the way and get my damn stuff."

The store manager grabbed me and we both walked away from her before one of us laid her out.

One of the EMT's was in the store shopping when it happened, came back and checked on things and said they'd stop back the next day so we could regroup. Nice guy.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm living with one right now, as a matter of fact, she's right across the table from me...I'd like to tell you more about my wife, but I'm not allowed to...It's one of the rules!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm living with one right now, as a matter of fact, she's right across the table from me...I'd like to tell you more about my wife, but I'm not allowed to...It's one of the rules!
That sounds so much like that scene from that Bruce Willis space movie "Armageddon" where the guy that spotted the asteroid calls into NASA and wants to... "...name it Dottie, after my wife. Because she's a life sucking ***** from hell and there's no escaping her..." :lol:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sounds so much like that scene from that Bruce Willis space movie "Armageddon" where the guy that spotted the asteroid calls into NASA and wants to... "...name it Dottie, after my wife. Because she's a life sucking ***** from hell and there's no escaping her..." :lol:
I was still married to my ex at the time that movie came out. When I heard that line I laughed my *** off...I got into soooo much trouble for that one.:whip1:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Place I'm working at for the holidays....a few days back.
Coworker collapses, cracks her head hard.
Theres blood, EMTs were called, etc.

Customer complains about the delay in getting her order ready, when told there was an accident replied "I don't care. Push her out of the way and get my damn stuff."

The store manager grabbed me and we both walked away from her before one of us laid her out.

One of the EMT's was in the store shopping when it happened, came back and checked on things and said they'd stop back the next day so we could regroup. Nice guy.

That is really just sad!
icon13.gif

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is really just sad!
icon13.gif
To quote Hamlet "Tis pity 'tis true. Tis true 'tis pity." I stopped being astounded at the depths of some peoples inability to see beyond their own little sphere of life. Guarantee had that customer been the one with the busted head he'd have expected the entire world to come to a standstill to care for him. Glad you had the courage to walk away from the idiot.

Latest Discussions