San Diego Fires 2007

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
So a few of my friends and co-workers got evacuated. It always gets so dry in this area. All of yesterday my sinuses burned and when I stepped outside of my apartment this morning, it smelled of smoke. Schools are shut down due to poor air quality. We were advised to keep our windows and doors closed due to that poor air quality. I watched on CNN as a reporter described what his home for 20 years used to look like while standing front of what used to be his home as it burned down. It sucks. I'm lucky I don't have to evacuate and I hope it stays that way. I want this all to be over. Those of you in the same area, I hope that all of you are okay.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a far cry when fires like these hit the area. I praying that everyone is safe.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck and stay safe, Bumblebee!

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was in San Diego until early Monday morning. The first fires were breaking out about the time I was leaving. My Uncle and his family has evacuees staying at his house. He's near the coast, but the Harris fire could threaten his home, my cousins, and his business if it keeps moving west. The winds are supposed to die down today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't get to work this morning because a fire broke out that closed down the freeway. It cleared up though and the freeway's re-opened. I have to go to a conference tomorrow in Brea. So I'll be going through that. I realized for the first time how expensive diapers are. I bought baby supplies for one of the evacuation centers. A lot of people bring bottled water, or canned foods, but they forget about babies. So if you anyone is reading this thinking of donating to one of the shelters, please contact them first and find out what they do need. Yeah getting food they won't be hungry, but sometimes they have plenty of food and it just ends up spoiling. So yeah please contact the shelter first.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm... got evacuated Monday, but was able to get back into the house on Tuesday. Scarily close, and a few people I know did lose their houses & all their stuff.

Had a couple of relatives with us who arrived on Saturday. Welcome to San Diego!