I'm apparently dead....

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But nobody sent me the memo! :angel:

I bought a new car last week and two credit agencies are reporting me as being deceased. This leads me to think that I have new avenues opening up.

I could become an actor. If "Dead Like Me" ever makes a third season, or they do a remake of "Dead Man Walking", I'm the only logical choice!

I'll never again catch my death of cold.

I'll always be dead accurate in everything I do.

But I won't be grateful that I'm dead....:ultracool

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
So just how was walking into the light? I didn't know the "other" side had internet access either. :)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, but, does the government think you are dead? because if they do, no more taxes!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would also be checking your credit scores, Identity fraud is big now days.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also be checking your credit scores, Identity fraud is big now days.
Ditto...

Even if there was a simple mistake (person with a similar name or SSN died, and records got crossed) -- this could bode ill for you until you get it taken care of.

You need to look into what made them think you're dead, and then get it taken care of.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know, most credit companies require certified copies of a death certificate to prove death occurred - at least they did when my dad died in 86, and they still should.

You should get copies of your report and see who's reporting you as being deceased. This really sounds like identity theft.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know, most credit companies require certified copies of a death certificate to prove death occurred - at least they did when my dad died in 86, and they still should.

You should get copies of your report and see who's reporting you as being deceased. This really sounds like identity theft.

I think Shesulsa is "dead on" ;) Definitely look in to this to see why it has happened, if you aren't already doing so. It may have been identity theft, could also be a mistake too...maybe your record is a "dead ringer" for someone else's. ;)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Shesulsa is "dead on" ;) Definitely look in to this to see why it has happened, if you aren't already doing so. It may have been identity theft, could also be a mistake too...maybe your record is a "dead ringer" for someone else's. ;)
Carol, your going to be the death of me. :rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But nobody sent me the memo! :angel:

I bought a new car last week and two credit agencies are reporting me as being deceased. This leads me to think that I have new avenues opening up.

I could become an actor. If "Dead Like Me" ever makes a third season, or they do a remake of "Dead Man Walking", I'm the only logical choice!

I'll never again catch my death of cold.

I'll always be dead accurate in everything I do.

But I won't be grateful that I'm dead....:ultracool

Dead Like Me is not going to have a third season. I thought it was cancelled a while ago. Sci-Fi is playing it, but check the dates it is a couple of years old.

But on a real serious note: If you are really considered dead by a credit agency, find out why. Someone using your account numbers might have been reported dead.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
OK, but, does the government think you are dead? because if they do, no more taxes!
Technically upon your death there are final 1040 income tax forms to file the next year post mortem and of course any estate settlement taxes & fees. Within the vast majority of cases this is not done by the deceased, but by the executor or an appointed estate attorney.
:)

But after that - Free Ride Baby!!!

Balrog,
Now that you are dead, do you feel an urge to dress in a Goth fashion mode? I have always wondered about that.

OP
Balrog

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Technically upon your death there are final 1040 income tax forms to file the next year post mortem and of course any estate settlement taxes & fees. Within the vast majority of cases this is not done by the deceased, but by the executor or an appointed estate attorney.
:)

But after that - Free Ride Baby!!!

Balrog,
Now that you are dead, do you feel an urge to dress in a Goth fashion mode? I have always wondered about that.

Heheh.

No, although I am going to be wearing my standard Incarnation of Death costume at the school's Halloween party tonight: black robe, black hood.

And the rumors of my death were apparently exaggerated. The credit bureaus now think I'm alive again. Unfortunately, they still think I'm a deadbeat...

:angel:

Latest Discussions