Jaz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I made a video after doing some research about the Suffragettes and their security unit known as The Bodyguard. I'd be grateful if you could share any more information on this topic, and for any feedback on your thoughts regarding the video.

Peace

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice video. I think Edith Garrud, Mrs. Roger Watts (Emily Diana Watts) and their contemporaries deserve more recognition for their pioneering of Western women in martial arts. By the way, at about the 18.40 point you say May 21 2014, when it is obviously meant to be 1914.

D

Deleted member 39746

I dislike the usage of samurai here, other than that cant comment.

OP
J

Jaz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nice video. I think Edith Garrud, Mrs. Roger Watts (Emily Diana Watts) and their contemporaries deserve more recognition for their pioneering of Western women in martial arts. By the way, at about the 18.40 point you say May 21 2014, when it is obviously meant to be 1914.
Daaaamnnn!!! Thanks for spotting that!!! I've made an edit note about the error on the description. Thanks for so much!!!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Pretty good. I like the information, but think if it were about half as long. Fewer tangents, and a sharper point. For example, the tangent regarding Bartitsu.

I like the way you mix photos and video, and I really like that you cite your sources and don't plagiarize your content.

Edit: I don't mind your use of "samurai' because I think it's pretty clear you were just looking for a catchy, alliterative title. Made sense to me, and I didn't find it confusing.

OP
J

Jaz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I dislike the usage of samurai here, other than that cant comment.
Okay, maybe that wasn't the best name for the video. I'll definitely have a rethink about that one. Cheers for the feedback though.

OP
J

Jaz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Pretty good. I like the information, but think if it were about half as long. Fewer tangents, and a sharper point. For example, the tangent regarding Bartitsu.

I like the way you mix photos and video, and I really like that you cite your sources and don't plagiarize your content.

Edit: I don't mind your use of "samurai' because I think it's pretty clear you were just looking for a catchy, alliterative title. Made sense to me, and I didn't find it confusing.

Thanks so much for the feedback!!! Yeah, I have had other people say the same thing about the length of the video. I did one about Yasuke - the African samurai - and that was about 30 minutes long LOL!!! So, definitely aiming to keep future videos shorter in order. Nice one!!!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Jaz. Hope you enjoy it here. :)

Latest Discussions