S&W Sigma 9mm and .40...

magaskins

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've owned a S&W 9VE for a little over 2 years and have put a couple thousand rounds through it with not 1 single problem. Extremely reliable and very accurate at the 10 yard mark; I am more than pleased with it's performance and value as it was inexpensive to purchase ($250) and inexpensive to shoot ($25/250 rounds)

That said, I do know they have a bad rep and I've seen it personally with my buddies 9VE; sloppy trigger, slide fails to lock back after last round and couldn't hit a 10" target at 5 yards (attributed to sloppy trigger). I guess I just got lucky.

I've since handed the Sigma over to my wife and now have a Glock 30 as a carry...

Mark

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Sigma filled a niche of the low-cost affordable market kind of in-line with the HiPoints and Keltecs of today. Many people like them for what they are. They we're never really any threat to Glock as far as market share. However, Smith & Wesson's new offering...the M&P is a different story. So far it has recieved really good reviews, many PDs have been testing it, several have already switched. There is a new generation of Polymer Pistols (M&P, XD, Storm, etc) that might have Glock looking over thier shoulder. For the first time EVER I'm considering (gulp) buying a S&W semiauto!