What'cha carryin'?

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...C'mon now, empty your pockets and your coats and let's see what you've got.

The fun part about being publisher of The Martialist is that my carry changes all the time. ;)

dailycarry01.jpg

Knife is Emerson Hard Wear Traveler

dailycarry02.jpg

Knife is Cold Steel Safe Keeper

dailycarry03.jpg

Knife is Ka-Bar Dozier Skinner

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Phil, The Cold Steel safe keeper should be kept in the safe if you are foolish enough to buy it...In CA, it is go to jail, go, no free pass... Felony...

Heck you would do less time, if you were CCW, with three mags, pepper spray and a taser...

Learn the Cane Katas, get on the air plane no problem...

Regards, Gary

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't have that much on me compared to some,

For when I carry a pistol; Sig 225 with 2 extra mags.

Knife: Spyderco Persian usually; but sometimes I change that up or carry more then one.

Protective wrist band.

Keating Stinger.

Fox labs OC Spray.

Cell Phone.

Pen with light.

LED light usually stays in the car.

M-14 in my pants.

That's about it. I need a digital camera. Also, I am kidding about the M-14 in my pants...OR AM I...BWAHAHA! :EG:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
GAB said:
Hi Phil, The Cold Steel safe keeper should be kept in the safe if you are foolish enough to buy it...In CA, it is go to jail, go, no free pass... Felony...

Heck you would do less time, if you were CCW, with three mags, pepper spray and a taser...

Learn the Cane Katas, get on the air plane no problem...

Regards, Gary

The cold steel safe keeper illegal in CA.? Dude, are you sure. That's really dumb if it is true. And how is it a felony? :idunno:

for the plane...I usually have a number of easily deployable pens...so you know, if there is a terrorist threat, I'll write all over them...;)

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I usually have these 9mm around somewhere......in the US of course.....guns are illegal in Japan ;)

heaters.jpg

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
The cold steel safe keeper illegal in CA.? Dude, are you sure. That's really dumb if it is true. And how is it a felony? :idunno:

for the plane...I usually have a number of easily deployable pens...so you know, if there is a terrorist threat, I'll write all over them...;)
As far as I know, ANY double-edged knife is illegal in most states. I know they are in FL, and pretty much everything is illegal in CA. Check your local state laws. Some states will actually have their state statutes online.

Cthulhu

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Push-daggers are usually classed differently under the law. Check your local codes, mileage may vary.

Phil- what is the pistol buried under the dozier?

OP
P

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ANY double-edged knife is illegal in most states.

That's not actually true; it depends on the state. Double-edged knives are not illegal in New York State, but the law is so vague that it includes the phrase "or any other dangerous knife."

I think there's a .50 caliber Desert Eagle in there somewhere...

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

Everyday carry consists of the following...

1. S&W Sigma in a Safariland 3-slot pancake holster

2. Extra magazine

3. CRKT Mirage folding knife

Work Carry (professional security)

1. S&W Sigma with 2 additional magazines
2. ASP-Extendable Baton in ASP shoulder holder
3. OC Spray (random brands)
4. CRKT Mirage

Best wishes,
Spookey

A

AnimEdge

Spookey said:
1. S&W Sigma in a Safariland 3-slot pancake holster
Spookey
How are you liking that Sigma?
Though i still have a few years tell i can carry(im 19in april) im trying to decide between the Sigma, a Glock, a 1911 or a revolver :p
Im big on 45s and i love the 1911s feel and look, but the sigma and glocks are light and non-metal(dont have to coat it) but i still woudl like a 45 i heard though that Glock has made a 45type round for there 9mm glocks, i seen some stuff on it and its pretty slick,(9mm for being cheaper, and the .45ish ammo for carrying) but also a revolver, manly tahts what everyone in my family carrys when they do, i think getting one and having the hammer rest in the empty chamber like the used to do way back when.

Normaily i carry some cheap 3-4inch foldable(tanto style bladed) knife that i can use for anything and can just throw away if needed, a kubaton and a bunch of keys on my keychain, not much i think but sence all i do is go to college and basic things its not so bad

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyday/off work:

Spyderco Endura & Delica, both with wave mod.
Camillus CUDA (if I'm not carrying the Endura)
Keating Stinger (sometimes)
Koppo (sometimes)
Inova X-5 LED light
CRKT Point Guard (in jacket)
Mini-maglight (in jacket)
and, once I get off my butt and take the stupid class for CC, a Glock-19 or Colt 1911 in a Sparks IWB rig

For Work (armed security):

All of the above except Stinger,
One of the handguns,
OC
2-D Maglight

AnimEdge said:
i think getting one and having the hammer rest in the empty chamber like the used to do way back when.
Why? Unless you're buying a single-action without a transfer-bar (a really old Ruger or some of the imports) you wouldn't do that. Not to mention that a single action revolver is not exactly the best CC gun (considering all the other options out there).

T

TonyM.

I rarely carry. Usually if I do I grab my Gerber Mark 2 and my Ruger security six with 2 speedloaders in a Uncle Mikes waistband holster. Both usually live in the small of my back. Yeah I know this isn't the best sceme, but I don't really own any proper concealment clothing.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
That's not actually true; it depends on the state. Double-edged knives are not illegal in New York State, but the law is so vague that it includes the phrase "or any other dangerous knife."

I think there's a .50 caliber Desert Eagle in there somewhere...
Carry what you want. It'd be your *** going to the hokey pokey, not mine.

Cthulhu

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Daily I have my Kubotan and my CRKT M16 Folder.

Its Illegal for me to carry a gun in Illinois, Say my .45 P90, so I NEVER have that on me... <snicker snicker>

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As far as I know, ANY double-edged knife is illegal in most states. I know they are in FL, and pretty much everything is illegal in CA. Check your local state laws. Some states will actually have their state statutes online.
They are sold here in FL in most cutlery stores; and having looked at the statues I could find some time ago, I found no such reference.

Can you please point me at the FL law?

To address the topic:
Glock 23 (get's left at home more than I would like)
Kershaw folder
Little no-name folder I found in a pawn-shop and liked (sometimes switched for fixed blade).

Latest Discussions