Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.R.K.

Tell you what, maybe it's because I'm on my second of three 18 hours days..or maybe it's because I'm tired of getting jumped for something no matter which way I turn...but I am simply tired of it.

I've tried to have a peacefull exchange and meaningfull diologe. And yes you've been very friendly and helpful as has several others I originally had conflicts with. But RSK is simply another story. People come here to learn and help others if possible not get into pissing contest all the time. I CAN'T BACK UP MY CREDENTIALS TO HIS SATISFACTION AND I NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO. Doesn't negate them except in his eyes. Regardless I'm to tired to fight about it anymore. I'm a good teacher by the comments of many people way above me in ability. I do the best I can to impart that and I have achieved a measure of success. I'm an honest man with sincere motives. I'm not perfect and try to adjust when I'm able.

Whatever, it doesn't look like I'll be able to just post here and be judged for my content without getting slapped in the face every other day by others standards. This board existed long before I arrived and will go on just as fine without me. In the interest of peace and saving Bob and the other mods further aggrevation I'll just bow out and leave it to all of you. Thanks for what I have learned and hopefully I contributed a bit as well.

Peace be with you all.

:asian:

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
And yes Yiliquan1 there was a lot of “dentist drill” kind of pain…..wouldn't be a class without that...…speaking of which……when are you going to come over?

I still remember that pain when you did that wrist lock - one I have yet to get down just right, but one whose memory of pain I will take to the grave!

I am hoping to visit in August, but I'm not sure yet... Work, money and life may yet get in the way. But, August is the time frame I am looking at right now. O-bon and Bon Odori!!! Woohoo!!!

And a trip to "the Honch!"

Gambarimasu.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
I must admit, yes it is the individual of whom you speak... :rolleyes: Did I ever show you the pics? I should email you what I have...

Oh my, my…..yes, I suppose I had better have a look at those.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
In the interest of peace and saving Bob and the other mods further aggrevation I'll just bow out and leave it to all of you. Thanks for what I have learned and hopefully I contributed a bit as well.

Peace be with you all.

Gotta say I'm disappointed... Your comments, even when I disagreed with them content-wise, were usually well written (something some folks on MT have yet to get a handle on - some folks are still learning what "spell check" means). For you to give up like this doesn't seem to be consistent with all the other things you say, and all the things you have in your background.

I still don't see how you have been beaten up in this thread. If you feel that way, then that's your reality. Gotta say that I haven't seen it though...

Peace to you too... Enjoy the journey.

Gambarimasu.

R

RyuShiKan

Tell you what, maybe it's because I'm on my second of three 18 hours days..or maybe it's because I'm tired of getting jumped for something no matter which way I turn...but I am simply tired of it.

I've tried to have a peacefull exchange and meaningfull diologe. And yes you've been very friendly and helpful as has several others I originally had conflicts with. But RSK is simply another story. People come here to learn and help others if possible not get into pissing contest all the time. I CAN'T BACK UP MY CREDENTIALS TO HIS SATISFACTION AND I NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO. Doesn't negate them except in his eyes. Regardless I'm to tired to fight about it anymore. I'm a good teacher by the comments of many people way above me in ability. I do the best I can to impart that and I have achieved a measure of success. I'm an honest man with sincere motives. I'm not perfect and try to adjust when I'm able.

Whatever, it doesn't look like I'll be able to just post here and be judged for my content without getting slapped in the face every other day by others standards. This board existed long before I arrived and will go on just as fine without me. In the interest of peace and saving Bob and the other mods further aggrevation I'll just bow out and leave it to all of you. Thanks for what I have learned and hopefully I contributed a bit as well.

Peace be with you all.

MRJ,

It’s too bad you feel that way.
At this point in time I don’t care if you back up your credentials or not………I have for the most part dropped the issue.
All I, or anyone, has asked of not only you but every member of this board is to give some sound basis for what they say.
Nobody is picking on you. When things you or anyone says contradict previous statements people will ask questions to clarify what is meant.

Y

yilisifu

Please don't think I'm "picking on" you, but....you MUST be able to back up your credentials legitimately. Otherwise, you are open to serious criticism and questions. RyuShihkan has not been picking on you; he has simply asked for clarification of certain issues; issues which MUST be answered clearly.

If I claim to be a Harvard graduate, I should have a certificate from Harvard AND they should have me on record. Otherwise, my claim is subject to doubt. Those who doubt it are not picking on me; they are simply asking a perfectly valid question which begs to be answered.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by yilisifu
Please don't think I'm "picking on" you, but....you MUST be able to back up your credentials legitimately. Otherwise, you are open to serious criticism and questions. RyuShihkan has not been picking on you; he has simply asked for clarification of certain issues; issues which MUST be answered clearly.

If I claim to be a Harvard graduate, I should have a certificate from Harvard AND they should have me on record. Otherwise, my claim is subject to doubt. Those who doubt it are not picking on me; they are simply asking a perfectly valid question which begs to be answered.

None of this necessarily negates the possibility that a self-taught, home schooled person could be equally well taught and well read. However, that home schooled person shouldn't claim a Harvard degree...

Just my thoughts.

Gambarimasu.

C

chufeng

Very unfortunate...him leaving...but I think he'll be back.

It is strange that just when peple were accepting his unorthodox martial art...he bales...

I actually had a few questions for him...bummer.

I think it VERY interesting that his system has changed names twice while posting on this board...again, he is developing his own system...and that is OK...and hopefully, he's learned a bit here...and hopefully, he'll come back to share.

If he is really interested in learning, then he surely has an open mind about us tired old traditionalists...and can see that we might actually have something to offer him...

But, we have to conceed that he can teach us a few things as well...

???
we'll see what happens.

chufeng

A

angrywhitepajamas

hey,
as a ueichi practitioner i believe i know who myajutsuryu is. If he knows sensei rick martin, thats good enough for me. For those of you not in contact with the floridian ueichi/ pangainoon group, Rick martin is one of the more compotent members of the style. I've worked with several of his students and they are very compotent.

now if there should be any more issues between you two please slap down the cash for plane tickets and meet some where to sparr and get this flame war over with. (i got to page 7 of your discussion and lost my patience) If not will the nearest administrator please bann the offenders. I hope the admisnistrators don't mind but im now using the discussion on this thread as a basis for my mid term essay for the child psychology class which i am now taking.
Don't make me use my telemarketing-amway-do

"time for the L.O.C." :soapbox:

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by angrywhitepajamas
hey,
as a ueichi practitioner i believe i know who myajutsuryu is. If he knows sensei rick martin, thats good enough for me. For those of you not in contact with the floridian ueichi/ pangainoon group, Rick martin is one of the more compotent members of the style. I've worked with several of his students and they are very compotent.

now if there should be any more issues between you two please slap down the cash for plane tickets and meet some where to sparr and get this flame war over with. (i got to page 7 of your discussion and lost my patience) If not will the nearest administrator please bann the offenders. I hope the admisnistrators don't mind but im now using the discussion on this thread as a basis for my mid term essay for the child psychology class which i am now taking.
Don't make me use my telemarketing-amway-do

"time for the L.O.C." :soapbox:

You obviously butted in with your two cents just to make trouble.

Also this email you sent must have been intended for someone else, since if you really had read my posts on this thread you would know I don’t teach Uechi Ryu, and if you look at my profile you can see it states my location as not being in Florida.

via email by angrywhitepajamas
Hey,
I personally have no problems with you. If you can teach a ueichi varyant in florida along side Sensei Rick Martin You have my respect. And you have my sympathy for having to deal with those who do not listen. but please do not bail on those of us who do listen and learn from what you write.

And if I was in florida I would attempt to train under you.

Thank you for all your help.

and my last post wasn't directed at you.

A

angrywhitepajamas

sorry about the wrong email,

But I will not retract what I have said. If certain people do not wish to state where they got their rank i do not care, so long as they can back up their claim with skill.
And if the admin minds my use of certain portions of the thread for my essay, then I'll find another subject.
But I am tired of reading through pages of people bickeringback and forth over a peice of paper. I see that enough here in college.

Please forgiveme if I have ruffled any feathers but I am in a less than charitable mood to put it politely.

R

RyuShiKan

If certain people do not wish to state where they got their rank i do not care, so long as they can back up their claim with skill.

Like I said before.
It would seem you’re here just to stir up trouble again.

These issues have died and you would like to stir them up yet again.

Please forgiveme if I have ruffled any feathers but I am in a less than charitable mood to put it politely.

So am, I so why should anyone “forgive you” for being an obvious trouble maker……

OP
Aegis

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
But I will not retract what I have said. If certain people do not wish to state where they got their rank i do not care, so long as they can back up their claim with skill.

And what if you were a novice who wanted to learn traditional Jujutsu and were looking for a master? Would you care more about potentially fraudulent claims then? Or would you be ok with the fact that you might be being taught something completely different to what was advertised?

No-one has really questioned his skill, it's his credentials they are asking about.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aegis
And what if you were a novice who wanted to learn traditional Jujutsu and were looking for a master? Would you care more about potentially fraudulent claims then? Or would you be ok with the fact that you might be being taught something completely different to what was advertised?

No-one has really questioned his skill, it's his credentials they are asking about.

So if you are a novice. Then how will you be able to tell the differance?:D And how do you know he teaches something completely differant? Or was that an example?

I've followed the thread. And I understand the importances on both sides. But the martial arts have grown dramtically in the USA. This growth began long before any of us were students.

Its only natural for there to be so many practioners all over the place. I heard the comment back a ways that black belts used to be few and far between. It could only be that way if there were never any more students or they all quit. In the USA alone there must be millions of students that are still in the Kyu ranks and how many Dans with less than 2 years in the arts?

As far as the time in grade and so forth, thats changed as well. Some say they can even point to a particular country that started the trend. The rest did not have to follow, but they did. So they are all guilty! And as I've said before.

WE ARE ALL ONE!

A

A.R.K.

Last night I was 3/4 way thru my second 18 hour shift this week, I was tired and I allowed myself to speak through negative emotion and frustration. My apologies. I came on-line today to find emails and PM's showing appreciation and suggesting I stick around. Thank you, it means alot :asian:

Chufeng,

I want to thank you and also Yiliquan 1. Although we don't always agree, I feel both of you have given my a fair shake and allowed me to express myself...and you've actually listened. I respect that.

I think it VERY interesting that his system has changed names twice while posting on this board...again, he is developing his own system...and that is OK...and hopefully, he's learned a bit here...and hopefully, he'll come back to share.

Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well.

If he is really interested in learning, then he surely has an open mind about us tired old traditionalists...and can see that we might actually have something to offer him...

Main reason for my being here is to learn. I'm interested in opinions and comments that are meant to inform and educate if delivered with kindness and sincerity. Comments meant to badger, demean, bash or beat a dead horse are unwelcome, I don't think I'm alone on this feeling.

But, we have to conceed that he can teach us a few things as well...

If I can, it is my pleasure. :asian:

RSK,

These issues have died

That would be nice. Far to much time has been spent on them. However, in the interest of peace Robert I invite you if you still feel the need to corrospond with me via email. I don't suspect it will be to your satisfaction, but at least it will open the lines of communication between us personally and clear the path here to proceed onto other topics of mutual interest.

Angrywhitepajamas,

Thank you sir :asian:

Ric lives about twenty minutes away from me, and I have been to his dojo. It is truly a beutiful dojo and he has every right to be proud of his accomplishments. We have only met briefly, at one time I trained for a short time in another Uechi Dojo in the area run by Frank Gorman. That was quite a number of years ago, I believe Sensei Gorman was a 7th Dan. I have not seen either in quite some time. My school flyer is right next to Ric's school flyer at Americana which is the uniform supplier for LEO, Firefighting, EMT etc for the whole tri-county area. However I have not actively taught this system since I was overseas and feel I am no where near as qualified as these two men in this Art. Since we teach separate disciplines in different areas of the county we are not in competition with each other really. He has his deal, I have mine. And as I've said before, I'm a small fish in a big ocean.

Actually we have quite a few 'names' in this area. Bill Wallace is somehow connected with Paul Acklins 'Super kicks'. We have Joe Lewis in with Jim Graden. Mike McGann, Robert Harmer, Matt Fury, Amir academy and Park TWD etc. Heck, we've even got Hulk Hogan and some of the others here :D

So lets get on to other things and let the peace and love flow :cool:

A

A.R.K.

AKJA,

That is why I honestly feel that BB's are a dime a dozen. This is not meant in a disrepectful tone, not at all. But as I've posted before, standards and requirements vary widely. Not all BB's are created equal so to speak. Let it be a source of respectful pride, let it provide a well earned sense of accomplishment.

But who you are and what you have learned is of far more importance than who signed your paperwork, or where or if it's registered.

Remember what I said before, we all ultimately recieved rank from someone who originally had no rank. Rank is relative and subjective. We can all still learn much...and that is an exciting thing.

Just my opinion.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
AKJA,

That is why I honestly feel that BB's are a dime a dozen.

Thats why I had such an attitude when people who did not personally know me were saying that I could not be evaluated by someone who had a similar lineage as me but was not my direct teacher.

I had much more experience that many today and I deserved to run my school and make it legitimate. Some choose not to recognize. So what.

Two of my Sensei regonize my rank and I am under the direct guidance of my Sensei who earned his 3rd Dan in Japan in 1963. He also wore his 4th Dan for over 20 years (anyone in here do that) and his Sensei reognizes him as 10th Dan and founder of his own system.

As long as I have people like him working with me, it dosen't matter what anybody else thinks!:asian:

A

A.R.K.

Akja,

It is all paper and signatures. As I've said numerous times, it is all subjective and relative. If someone doesn't 'recognize' you because you don't belong to a particular organization....so? To me that is just a $$$ thing. The organizations that recognized me as this and that didn't charge me anything. I didn't pay for anything and they are my betters not my buddies. However, now that different Grandmasters/heads of organizations around the world have accepted me amoung them [after microscope up the rearend scrutiny] I would like to consider them friends...and still my betters.

People can bandy about accusations of non legite credibility. but what makes a person legit? Is it who signs his/her certifiacte? Is it a backing organization? Or is it their skill, knowledge and perhaps teaching ability?

A person can have a world famous teacher sign their certificate and be backed by the largest organization on the planet...and get their butt kicked in the parking lot at the mall because they lack real world experience.

A person can lack any wall candy but have practical experience and the ability to share it with others who in turn can successfully defend themselves against attack.

Who would you rather learn from?

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Chufeng,

I want to thank you and also Yiliquan 1. Although we don't always agree, I feel both of you have given my a fair shake and allowed me to express myself...and you've actually listened. I respect that.

I don't presume to speak for Chufeng. I just give you all the rope you want... You will either swing or hang. I provide equal opportunity to all - to fail. Nobody gets a special chance with me simply by virtue of any one particular thing. I was excited to train with Chufeng the first time I met him because my teacher spoke well of him. It wasn't until he impaled me that I really thought well of him myself. I thought highly of RSK based on who his teacher was, but until he hit me in the liver I really had nothing to base it on... I'm just sayin'... Don't get a big head. I may still flame you yet... ;) :flame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions