Rush, Neil Pert Fans

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a practically life-long Rush fan (well, since the age of fifteen anyhow!), that was a fascinating read.

Some pretty fascinating scenery too - I've often said that I'd love one day to go and see the 'real' America as all we tend to get is a 'media' impression of huge cities, rampant violent crime and extreme over-consumption.

By 'real' America, I mean those vast tracts of forested and sparsely populated land with a more leisurely pace of life that allows people to be more human than the high-pressure urban environment.

Anyway, that's by-the-by. Loved the tale :tup:.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We used to play Red Barchetta in the bands I was in in High School, as well as some other Rush tunes; Spirit of Radio, The Trees, Limelight. I think that was it in the bands I was in.

But, I stopped at the Bose store after the Harry Potter movie last weekend, and on one of the Bose displays was the Neil Peart drum solo on video. I just sat and watched. He is amazing.

I don't know what video it was from, but he was playing the dual drum kit, with acoustic drums on one side, and the electric drum kit on the other side. It was pretty neat.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awesome stuff HKP!

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Saw them in 89 and again in 91, great show, and it's kind of fun watching 1/2 the crowd doing 'air drums' along with Neil.
Always been a fan though, just amazing stuff.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Awesome stuff.

I've been a Rush fan for years. I finally got to see them for the first time last month here in Calgary. :) The last time they came to Alberta, I was playing on the road in Washington State. When I got back to Alberta, they were playing Washington State. It was sweet "victoly" to finally see my favourite rock act. :)

-Mark

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'll be seeing them a week form Thursday, live for the first time since... 1983? Signals tour, Wembley Arean, London England. Waited in an alley in downtown for 2 hours to get autographs.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
the concert was Excellent! 20 rows back (sounds like far but it was spitting distance). they are as good as they ever were, probably better even.

Latest Discussions