ROYCE GRACIE CHEATED, NEW PROOF , NEW Clip!!!!

OP
J

J-kid

It looks like i am stating that he cheated, I ment he was cheated sorry to those who thought i meant he broke rules.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I have all the fights that night, not just Gracies, on video. There are 4 cameras on the ring. One on each post plus the one above the ring as well as the hand held one for the camera man. So six at least.

In all the fights they replay the parts where the guy losing taps out............except Gracies. Makes ya wonder.........

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If he was choked out he couldn't tap, that's a bad argument.

Yoshida is unlikely to have spoken to the referee unless he believed that Gracie had passed out.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I have the entire fight on video...........watched the Gracie/Yoshida bit over and over.

The only angle they showed while Gracie was on the ground was his left side.
On the tape you can plainly see Gracie is totally awake and not choked out as he is still using his left hand. Oddly enough they showed no footage of his tapping out or even of his right side where the referee. They showed the tap in all the other fights but this one.
You can also see Yoshida saying something to the referee and then the referee comes over and ends the fight. At no time did Gracie look as if he was in trouble. If you look at any of his other fights you will see he spends a lot of time on his back and more often than not wins.
I can' prove the fight was fixed but something was obviously not right.

OP
K

Kenpo_student

In my opinion Gracie would not tap. The only way he would have quit is if the towel was thrown in for him or Yoshida put him to sleep. Neither of which happened so the match should be declared a no contest and a referee that has experience in submission grappling events should be located for a rematch.
:soapbox:

OP
A

Angus

I'm certainly very curious. I've never seen Royce to be particularly sportsmanly, so I can see him fighting the call even if he DID lose, however I didn't see a tap or anything that would indicate a choke-out. Looks like we need a rematch (not that I'd mind, it'd be a great fight).

OP
M

MartialArtist

People try to mix full-contact sparring with rules and limitations and what do you get? A franchise sport. And with that, you will always have your bad calls.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Angus

I'm certainly very curious. I've never seen Royce to be particularly sportsmanly, so I can see him fighting the call even if he DID lose, however I didn't see a tap or anything that would indicate a choke-out. Looks like we need a rematch (not that I'd mind, it'd be a great fight).

Yoshida said right after the match that he would give him a re-match.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by RyuShiKan

Yoshida said right after the match that he would give him a re-match.

What'd Gracie say?

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Gracie said I want a re-match and Yoshida said sure.

OP
A

Angus

Yeah, I remember reading an interview in which Yoshida said he wasn't really sure what happened. He said a rematch would be ok, but there was some qualifier, like he wouldn't have it for a couple months or something. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do many MMA fights anymore.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now he has also been challenged by
Ryan & Renzo Gracie
Takada & Nogrea

Yosid should wait for the rite Money.

The fight with Royce Ended
In A Bull ***** call

Perhaps Pride has taken revenge on Royce for all the past
Things like Demanding Special Rules for The Grand Pre.
Or turning this fight from Vale Tudo To a jacket match????

Royce is a good fighter & desreves a 2nd shot.

Latest Discussions