Romney Picks Paul Ryan...

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, Obama did cut $700 BILLION from Medicare and now screams about what Ryan might do.

So it turns out Obama DID have a plan. That cartoon you posted must have been for the purpose of pointing out foolish propaganda with no regard for the truth...right?

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So it turns out Obama DID have a plan. That cartoon you posted must have been for the purpose of pointing out foolish propaganda with no regard for the truth...right?

Let's consider.

A significant number of Americans are uninsured. These Americans cause a profit drain to the tunes of unpaid billions in care bills, as there is a law that says that emergency rooms must treat you for life threatening ailments regardless of payment. Therefore, providers must significantly over charge those who are insured, in order to maintain profits.

The ACA removes this reason for overcharge while removing the government's willingness to pay the over charge. It does the same on the insurance side for the self-insured, by removing the ability to self-select out of the market, all on the assurances of the Heritage Foundation that it works. It's a market centered plan, that yes, does include massive outlay cuts while finding at least partial recompensation to the provider in the form of renumeration from a customer class that could not pay previously. It's roughly comparable to what's worked in Germany since the days of Otto von Bismarck, and got written by the Heritage Foundation.

It suffers from one major political problem: It got passed with a black Democrat as president. It's got some practical issues too, and really, really needs a government subsidized package to backstop what the private sector doesn't want. But, it's workable.

Mr Ryan's "plan" sustains the payment cuts, while asking people on fixed incomes, who have been paying into the fund their entire lives, to take larger and larger portions of the remaining outlays. It is increasing the price of Medicare for the fetish of eliminating compassion and altruism from government.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by elder999
Like I said, I'm willing to bet that when it's over, most of the media will be saying Biden won. It's the one serious thing he'll have had to do in four years, and he'll show up prepared, won't stumble, and will get some soundbite zingers in. In a true "Lincoln-Douglas," National Forensic Society, impartially judged debate, he'd lose, but that's not what the nationally televised campaign moments are, is it?

Expecting a Benston-Quayle repeat, especially with the comparisons of Ryan to Kennedy?

Actually, Biden was given one other important task and that was to float the 'support for gay marriage' balloon to see if it could possibly turn in to votes. It must have been a successful test to turn the anti-gay marriage hardliner Obama to support state's rights to legalize gay marriage and eventually make the party platform.

I hope the person that gave me an unsigned negative rep to the post above with the comment "At least they can probably spell." will come back and help me understand the comment. I would appreciate it.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the person that gave me an unsigned negative rep to the post above with the comment "At least they can probably spell." will come back and help me understand the comment. I would appreciate it.

Quayle/potatoe. It wasn't me, though.

:lfao:

Oh, and last year, the U.S. Catholic bishops sent a letter to the House Ways and Means Committee, warning them on cutting off the poor, saying that the budget would be judged on that basis,and that any federal budget must be judged by the way it protects the 'least of these.' In Bishop Blaire's words: "The House-passed budget resolution fails to meet these moral criteria." Of course, the principle author of that budget was Paul Ryan.

Guy's own church doesn't like him.

View attachment $Poverty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You people do realize that there is a different "Ryan Plan" out there now right?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443537404577583323575899222.html

Late last year, Mr. Ryan joined Oregon Democratic Senator Ron Wyden in introducing a version of his reform that explicitly retains Medicare as we know it as a continuing option. The reform difference is that seniors would for the first time also have a choice of government-funded private insurance options. The Wyden-Ryan belief is that the choices resulting from private competition will be both cheaper and better.

This "premium-support" model has a long bipartisan pedigree and was endorsed by Democratic Senators John Breaux and Bob Kerrey as part of Bill Clinton's Medicare commission in 1999. Wyden-Ryan is roughly the version of reform that Mr. Romney endorsed earlier this year.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See Tgace, there you go. The next thing you're going to do is accuse obama of taking 716 billion dollars out of medicare...wait...he actually did? Why would he do that? Oh...you're saying he did that to pay for obamacare? Hmmmmm...so the only one defunding medicare is President Obama? Hmmmm....

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, he isn't old, and according to various democrats Ryan isn't stupid, soooo...they have decided they have to go with "EVIL" to destroy him...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/opinion/dowd-when-cruelty-is-cute.html?_r=2

He’s the cutest package that cruelty ever came in. He has a winning air of sad cheerfulness. He’s affable, clean cut and really cut, with the Irish altar-boy widow’s peak and droopy, winsome blue eyes and unashamed sentimentality.
Who better to rain misery upon the heads of millions of Americans?
He’s Scrooge disguised as a Pickwick, an ideologue disguised as a wonk.

Move over Dick Cheney, George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld, if people thought you were all evil, they haven't seen the hatchet job they are going to do to Paul Ryan...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Well, he isn't old, and according to various democrats Ryan isn't stupid, soooo...they have decided they have to go with "EVIL" to destroy him...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/15/opinion/dowd-when-cruelty-is-cute.html?_r=2

Move over Dick Cheney, George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld, if people thought you were all evil, they haven't seen the hatchet job they are going to do to Paul Ryan...

C'mon, billi-where's the appreciation?

He’s the cutest package that cruelty ever came in. He has a winning air of sad cheerfulness. He’s affable, clean cut and really cut, with the Irish altar-boy widow’s peak and droopy, winsome blue eyes and unashamed sentimentality.Who better to rain misery upon the heads of millions of Americans?
He’s Scrooge disguised as a Pickwick, an ideologue disguised as a wonk.[/quote

You gotta admit, that's some first-class wordsmithin', right there. :lfao:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd rather watch this video of a Clinton cool aid drinker...praising Paul Ryan...the embedded video is worth more than the 1000 words a picture is worth, or what a wordsmith can construct...

Here is the video by itself on Youtube...

Here is an article on who Erskin Bowles is...and why his video praise of Paul Ryan is giving obama heartburn...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/13/video-erskine-bowles-says-ryan-budget-sensible-honest-serious/

Why is this important? Erskine Bowles has a long pedigree as a Democratic budget thinker — and presidential adviser. When Barack Obama needed to pick the co-chair for his deficit committee, which he roundly ignored in the end, he chose Bowles to represent his side on the panel. Bowles served as Bill Clinton’s chief of staff, and earlier ran the Small Business Administration for Clinton. Ezra Klein predicted on Friday that Bowles would be the front-runner for Tim Geithner’s job at Treasury if Obama wins a second term.
Bear in mind this while you watch this clip, found by our good friend Morgen Richmond over the weekend — the Ryan budget came as an answer of sorts to the budget recommendations from the deficit committee, on which Ryan served with Bowles. Even though this is a competing plan, Bowles in September 2011 was impressed with it and with Ryan enough to call it “sensible,” “honest,” and “serious” — although Bowles still didn’t accept it as a substitute for the panel’s:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And speaking of cruelty...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/15/h...mination-documents-from-obama-administration/

Republican House Ways and Means Committee chairman Dave Camp demanded Wednesday that the U.S. Treasury Department and the Obama administration release records connected to an emerging scandal surrounding autoworker pensions terminated during the auto bailout. The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) and the Treasury Department axed pensions in 2009 for 20,000 non-union salaried retirees who worked for Delphi.
Those workers’ pension plans lost between 30 and 70 percent of their value, while similar plans covering members of the United Auto Workers and other labor unions were preserved and made whole.
Camp fired off letters to PBGC director Josh Gotbaum, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler, asking for dosuments by September 7. His committee seeks internal documents and communications relating to the decision-making process that resulted in those pension losses for non-union Delphi retirees.
From the PBGC, Camp demanded Gotbaum provide “all records, including but not limited to electronic mail to or from PBGC, the Departments of Treasury, Labor and Commerce and the Executive Office of the President of the United States” that relate to Delphi and General Motors’ interest in Delphi “for the period of January 1 through December 31, 2009.”
He demanded similar documents from Geithner and Ruemmler.
“Treasury has claimed in testimony and court filings that it had no substantial role in the decision to deny 20,000 salaried retirees of Delphi the full pension they were promised and worked hard to earn,” Camp wrote in his letters to the high-ranking officials. “However, documents obtained from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and recently published raise questions about the full extent of Treasury’s involvement in the decisions that ultimately picked winners and losers among Delphi’s retirees.”

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a photo of Paul Ryan getting ready for the Vice Presidential debate with Vice President Biden/Hillary...

ht_paul_ryan_bowhunting_mr_120814_wb.jpg

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
[h=1]Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash[/h]
After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.
As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney's running mate told ABC's Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.
"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."
Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ's NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he "accepted any money" into his district. Ryan said he did not.
"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.
But as we've now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.
:lol:......just :lfao:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is more support for Ryan...from the Simpson of the Simpson-Bowles commission, commissioned by obama, supporting Ryan...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...owles-Commission-Offers-Support-for-Paul-Ryan

With Simpson's positive comments Friday, both co-chairs of the commission on which Ryan served have now praised his efforts.

[h=2]The other half of the Simpson-Bowles commission gave an interview Friday in which he praised Paul Ryan as “a spokesman of hard truth against fakery." Alan Simpson, the former Senator from Wyoming who co-chaired the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform with Democrat Erskine Bowles, is a fan of the new Republican vice presidential nominee.[/h]The quote about "hard truth" came in the context of Ryan's selection as candidate for Vice President. Simpson said, "I don’t think he was seeking it, but let me tell you, he becomes a spokesman of hard truth against fakery." Simpson also predicted that the Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction plan would be brought back to life at some point in the future: "Dr. Frankenstein is about to come by and inject some electrodes into the corpse and it’s going to rise from the shelf."
With Simpson's positive comments Friday, both co-chairs of the commission on which Ryan served have now praised his efforts.

Latest Discussions