Rokushaku Bojutsu!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always have a very special place in my heart for this particular video as it was the first Bujinkan professionally made video that I had. (before that I had several Doron Navon seminar videos that I attended)

Rokushaku Bojutsu

[yt]QzUjfwRT5NA[/yt]

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes that video is a beaut. I bought my copy in the early days of ebay from a seller called Year-of-the-rat. It turned out to be a copy and freezes a lot when I am trying to play it.

What I particularly like about the Quest videos is that you can tell they aren't edited from a million takes to look slick. If one of the shihan isn't doing it right, you not only get to see them not doing it right, but you also get to see Soke rebuking or correcting them.

It is heartening for those of us struggling at a far lower level and also teaches us the valuable lesson that if someone's taijutsu is too aesthetically pleasing then it is probably not being done correctly. It also proves, although MMA events have also proven this over more recent decades, that the flashy looking arts with all the fancy kicks, theatrics and muscle flexing are not necessarily very practical.

It can be a case of Van Donk vs. Van Damme!:ultracool

p.s. no news yet on the secret 'den', sadly we may have lost everything, but hopefully a phoenix will rise from the ashes.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This was and still is one of my favorites. Big old stick lol fighting with a tree

Senban

White Belt
Reaction score
Rokushaku Bojutsu was the first Quest video I ever owned. And this was in the days before DVD menus and even before the Quest VHS tapes were reissued with subtitles! Even now it's still my favourite one to watch :)

I've actually got a nyoibo myself. One of my old students made it for me from a railway sleeper or something (I forget what it was exactly now).

Latest Discussions