Bojutsu & Kenjutsu Seminar - Manchester, NH - Feb 19 2005

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
February 19, 2005 - Manchester, NH
Matt Hildreth, Shidoshi
Bojutsu & Kenjutsu Seminar

Details

The North Central Bujinkan Shibu will be hosting Matt Hildreth, Shidoshi, for a seminar on Saturday February 19, 2004 from 1 to 5 pm The cost of the seminar is $30 for Bujinkan members and $40 for non-members. Matt will be covering the fundementals of bojutsu (staff) and kenjutsu (sword) as preparation for this years theme of Gyokko-ryu Happoubiken, Bo and Ken. This seminar will cover the kihon of both weapons to include; basic footwork and movement, postures, proper cutting and striking methods as well as various advanced topics.

For more information call 978-597-8035 or email [email protected].

This seminar will be held at the Shinbu Dojo located at 83 Hanover Street, Manchester NH.

Directions

From 293 North, take Exit 5 for Granite Street. Turn right at the end of the ramp onto Granite Street. Go straight through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights, turn left onto Elm Street. Follow Elm and turn right onto Amherst Street. Take the first right onto Chestnut Street. Take the first right onto Hanover Street. The dojo is on the left, number 83.

From 293 South, take Exit 5 for Granite Street. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Granite Street. Go straight through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights, turn left onto Elm Street. Follow Elm and turn right onto Amherst Street. Take the first right onto Chestnut Street. Take the first right onto Hanover Street. The dojo is on the left, number 83.

From I93 N, merge onto I-293 N/NH-101 W via the exit on the left toward Manchester/Bedford. Follow directions above for I293 N

From I93 S, take Everett Turnpike/I-293 S toward Manchester/Nashua.Follows directions above for I293 S

Parking is available in the Citizen's Bank parking garage (turn left after dojo)

Instructor

Matt has been training in the Bujinkan Dojo martial arts since 1987 and holds the title of Shidoshi (Instructor) under the authority of Bujinkan headmaster Hatsumi Masaaki. His past teachers have included Shidoshi Kevin Harrington, Shidoshi Bud Malmstrom and Shidoshi Sean Askew. Matt travels to Japan twice a year to train with Bujinkan headmaster Hatsumi Masaaki, Nagato-sensei, and Noguchi-sensei. Although he trains with other senior shihan as well, he considers the three listed to be his primary mentors. In addition his regular trips to Japan, Matt regularly attends seminars and trains with various master instructors from around the world.

Latest Discussions