Ring Shape

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe so mango.man, I have seen a few fights in them as well and theyseem to be a better fit than the sqaure rings we use today.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, why you think so? can you give us motre input?

Manny

Manny it allows the fighter to move in that circlur motion and nobody can get cought in a corner, the few I have seen have been more engage in fighting than bouncing around. Just my observation.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if it affects matches in any significant way. I prefer the square rings because they reward the fighter who manages the ring to his/her advantage, if either can. I know sport TKD is not real-world, but I like the idea of the shape of the ring being part of the game. It's fun seeing a skilled fighter change the match by using the corners to his/her advantage.

Carl

jthomas1600

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if it affects matches in any significant way. I prefer the square rings because they reward the fighter who manages the ring to his/her advantage, if either can. I know sport TKD is not real-world, but I like the idea of the shape of the ring being part of the game. It's fun seeing a skilled fighter change the match by using the corners to his/her advantage.

Carl

As a long time boxing fan this was my first thought. It certainly changes the strategy some I would think.

Latest Discussions