Ring Experience?

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yo,

I've bee talking with my friends and my Kru and I've decided I'm ready to start training as a fighter. My motivation so far has been to learn the basic techniques of muay thai and to get fitter. I have been doing gradings and light technique sparring up until now.

It is a possibility that I will be able to fight interclub at amateur level in October. I would prefer to try an amateur fight first as I don't think my work would be too happy if I had to take 2 weeks off to recover every time I fought, which is what would happen if I fought professionally!

I'm really quite excited about steping up my training and having a tangible goal to work towards!

Anyone else here fight regularly, or even fought before?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yo,

I've bee talking with my friends and my Kru and I've decided I'm ready to start training as a fighter. My motivation so far has been to learn the basic techniques of muay thai and to get fitter. I have been doing gradings and light technique sparring up until now.

It is a possibility that I will be able to fight interclub at amateur level in October. I would prefer to try an amateur fight first as I don't think my work would be too happy if I had to take 2 weeks off to recover every time I fought, which is what would happen if I fought professionally!

I'm really quite excited about steping up my training and having a tangible goal to work towards!

From what I know you have to fight 2 interclubs before your given a professional lience in the uk and then its only a C grade one.

Its good that your enjoying it, talk to your crew about som ehard sparing more often then not a hard sparring session is about the same as fighting interclub so get a lot of practice in.

OP
K

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a professional licence already and I've never fought! There has never been anyone from my camp that has fought an interclub fight before they have fought professional.

But anyway, yeah I'm really enjoying it and we stepped the training up last night. Next week I begin sparring properly with more experienced fighters so that will be even more fun! :)

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a professional licence already and I've never fought! There has never been anyone from my camp that has fought an interclub fight before they have fought professional.

But anyway, yeah I'm really enjoying it and we stepped the training up last night. Next week I begin sparring properly with more experienced fighters so that will be even more fun! :)

Really??? thats quite strange.....what Org are you under?
How the hell did you get a pro license without having an amature fight?lol

Scotland? Is that Master toddy?

OP
K

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The regulatory body is on the front in big letters but I can't remember who it is! :(

I'll find out and update this post. I train with Phraya Pichai. I'm not up to date with the muay thai scene in britain yet though.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The regulatory body is on the front in big letters but I can't remember who it is! :(

I'll find out and update this post. I train with Phraya Pichai. I'm not up to date with the muay thai scene in britain yet though.

Is it SIMTA by any chance?

Reaction score
Yo,

im in the same situation, ive been training for 3 hours twice a week for the last 4 months and and now im staying on for half an hour extra for some more sparring each night. my first interclub is in two weeks. how long have you been in muay thai?

p.s. if you have a ring at your gym ask your kru if you can spar in it to get used to it, i found it a valuble experience, and good luck on your training!

OP
K

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Chris.

I've been training since October last year. My interclub is in 4 weeks. Looking forward to sparring with someone different! I hope I can learn a thing or two from my opponent. I'm hoping that with a lot of hard work I will be ready to start fighting professionally next year. :)

Unfortunately we don't have a ring. we've had to make do with long pads for corners. lol

Hopefully we will have a new place to train next year with plenty of heavy bags and a ring. I've never been in a ring so it will be a new experience for me. I just hope I can remember it all! ;)

Odin - I think it is RCSU - Ring Combat Sports Union.

OP
K

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It'll be a Muay Thai fight, but with pads. Hopefully once I've got a few interclubs under my belt I will be confident enough to compete in a professional bout! :D

Was sparring a lot last night. Done about 7x2 rounds of sparring, rotating opponets with 3 other people. It was brilliant although I was completely shattered after it!