Ring disappears in the air,

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The guy bought a very expensive ring ($12,000) and hid it in a helium-filled balloon. He wanted his future bride to pop the balloon while he "pops the question" to her. Instead, he lost the balloon and is forced to explain to her his failed plan. She got mad...
"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.
I can understand getting upset if it is regarding the value of a ring, but getting upset just because she didn't get it and wants another one?

Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...

- Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The guy bought a very expensive ring ($12,000) and hid it in a helium-filled balloon. He wanted his future bride to pop the balloon while he "pops the question" to her. Instead, he lost the balloon and is forced to explain to her his failed plan. She got mad...
I can understand getting upset if it is regarding the value of a ring, but getting upset just because she didn't get it and wants another one?

- Ceicei
Somewhere at sometime, somebody is going to find a deflated piece of rubber on a string and (hopefully) feel the weight of the ring inside. That was pretty careless of the guy losing it like that. A cute, romantic idea to be sure, but careless execution.
But yeah sounds like spoiled to me that she'd want another one. Can anyone say Nellie Olsen?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe instead of a new ring, he should get a new girlfriend. I was going to say something about his thought process, forecasting the outcomes of his decisions, but I didn't know how to phrase it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope he insured it first ....

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would have cost him more had he married her, that gust of wind saved him a lot of money in the long run. That is, providing he isn't stupid enough to find her another ring and still marry her after her reaction.

...and why do I also picture her giving him a hard time and calling him shallow and a pig everytime he glanced at another female?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How ironic. This time lack of latex may result in the prevention of a marriage.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
what a bone head.... for that kind of money who wouldn't have I dunno mmmmm like a dozen strings attached to the balloon, one for each hand and the others tied to various body parts?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Honey, will you marry... Oh. Never mind...

- Ceicei
Maybe its the best thing that ever happened to him.
Sean

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That seems like one of those things that would have paid off really well if it worked out and became an abysmal disaster since it didn't...kins like putting $12,000 on double zeros at roulette.

In other news, he needs to ditch the *****.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many truths have been spoken in the creation of this thread :rei:.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sad thing is that, with a $12,000 ring inside, once that balloon loses enough helium, it's going to plummet down onto someone's head.

But yeah, hopefully the guy picks up on the hint and finds another wife-to-be.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sad thing is that, with a $12,000 ring inside, once that balloon loses enough helium, it's going to plummet down onto someone's head.

But yeah, hopefully the guy picks up on the hint and finds another wife-to-be.

Yeah, can imagine that he was praying whether or not he should marry this particular girl and couple hours later he finds the ring. Well I guess that's the answer huh?

Latest Discussions