Review- Professor Whitson's Visit to Pittsburgh, PA

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good morning! I hope this message finds everyone doing well.

I just wanted to place a short review (per Mr. Evans request) of our recent seminar here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania featuring Professor Zach Whitson.

A brief run down of the three day event begins with Professor Whitson arriving in the Burgh late afternoon on Friday and shortly after greeting him and grabbing a bite to eat we hit the mat for five hours. The first two hours were spent covering a few key takedown manuevers from a stand-up grappling standpoint. We then commenced our Meet and Greet seminar for the next three hours where Professor Whitson covered some jab combinations and countering.

For our Main Seminar on Saturday, we re-visited and continued our study of 64 Attack and the complimenting drills from the system of Pekiti-Tirsia.

Then on Sunday, we reviewed and finished Professor Whitson's takedown technique series and finished 64 Attack.

An amazing weekend of training to say the least and I can not wait to do it all again!

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you sir. Hopefully, some of the Kenpo or FMA guys in Kansas will be interested in bringing him to the Land of Oz. *hint* *hint*

SHADOW

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Evans,

Let me tell you Zach is the real deal and you'll only do yourself and your training justice bringing him in. I myself am a Modern Arnistador as well and couldn't help but jump at the chance to train Pekiti Tirsia as well as Ed Parkers Kenpo under his guidance. He will take your skills to that next level. He's humble and his knowledge is endless. He is truly one whom represents the Parker/Planas Lineage and the McGrath Lineage of Pekiti Tirsia to the highest level.
Take care..

Craig Dishmon
Kenpo-Parker/Planas Lineage
Pekiti-Tirsia- McGrath/Whitson Lineage
Remy Presas Arnis
THE DIRTY BOYZ

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Dishmon,

I have no doubt about the benefits of training with Professor Zach Whitson. I was in San Antonio for a conference that was a month earlier than your Whitson/Pallen/Hock event. If the timing was right I would have hung out longer in your beautiful city to attend. (The Riverwalk is great!)

I highly applaud the efforts of you and Sifu Dean Goldade (practitioners of two different Hawaiian martial arts) for being progressive enough to work together. I only wish more of the Kenpo/Kempo/Kaju folks in Kansas were like-minded. Most of the Hawaiian and Filipino martial artists tend to keep to themselves. So far only one guy in Wichita and a group in Olathe have been willing to learn outside the box.

By combining forces, we can bring in the best seminar instructors of our time! And more importantly, we can provide exposure to the broad audience that these instructors deserve!!

Fellow Kansans, let me know if you are interested. I don't care what lineage the person is! If they can teach us something, I'm ready.

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Evans said:
I was in San Antonio for a conference that was a month earlier than your Whitson/Pallen/Hock event. If the timing was right I would have hung out longer in your beautiful city to attend. (The Riverwalk is great!)

So what I'm reading is you sneaked into Texas and didn't let anyone know....What's up with that? :idunno:

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ikenpo said:
So what I'm reading is you sneaked into Texas and didn't let anyone know....What's up with that? :idunno:
More like crawled in Texas, with all the construction and traffic that was going on... Actually, I did stop and train at Dean Goldade's school in Georgetown for an evening. There's a possibility I will be in Austin around April of 2006. Maybe a lot of us MartialTalk kenpo/kempo/kaju folks ought to get together.