Restructuring School

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me and Yolanda are in the middle of reorganizing the school whole struture:

Some of you know me and what we are trying to do is build a better sense of family within the newbies. So simply I'm asking for advice from people that have done this before.

We have made a new price and information bouchere and we are trying to publicize us more than the school a little. People keep telling us it is about us so we are trying.

We are making more of an effort for people to be in there right classes and not coming as they please to either beginners or intermediate or advance and differently trying to keep the BB in a class just fro them a couple of times a week.

If you can think of anything else, I'm eager to hear.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me and Yolanda are in the middle of reorganizing the school whole struture:

Some of you know me and what we are trying to do is build a better sense of family within the newbies. So simply I'm asking for advice from people that have done this before.

We have made a new price and information bouchere and we are trying to publicize us more than the school a little. People keep telling us it is about us so we are trying.

We are making more of an effort for people to be in there right classes and not coming as they please to either beginners or intermediate or advance and differently trying to keep the BB in a class just fro them a couple of times a week.

If you can think of anything else, I'm eager to hear.

Hey Terry I think that is a good idea in tailoring the classes to the respective skill levels. (particularly in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, etc.) I also think you should promote yourself more and show off what you have. Your facility is absolutely first class and you and Yolanda definately run a family atmosphere so that would be serious areas of concentration. Once you know your format then it is up to advertising and flyers and of course the all important word of mouth. Do it right and the students will come.
icon6.gif

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went through a major restructuring when I bought my school. The two most important things, from my POV:

1. Make sure everybody has plenty of notice about new schedules.

2. Make sure everybody knows why the change is happening.

If you do that, you should have smooth sailing throughout the transition.