Stretching DVDs and Books

leager330r

White Belt
Reaction score
I used the search and found that alot of people like Tom Kurz - Stretching Scientifically.
I am going to purchase this but I was wondering if anyone has the DVDs - Secrets of Stretching or Clinic on Stretching and Kicking with Tom Kurz.

I have been reading and watching Bill Wallaces DVDs and books.

Any input would be appreciated.

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you're ok with undertaking strength training (i.e. lifting weights) as a means to increase flexibility, then TK's stuff is best (also flexibility without a warm-up).

If you just want to focus on stretches and relaxation or contract-relax stretching, Pavel's book is good.

Any other book/DVD I've seen or read just echoes the information the above give.

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
To answer your question:uhyeah: yes the DVD is good - especially if you are a beginner and want to see the exercises performed in a fluid manner rather than pictures in a book.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Those Dvd's and books listed are excellant sources.

I like the idea of stretching than tighen the muscles before relaxing. Example: when stretching one leg high, in the relax mode...when you reach your limits...tighten the leg like in a real kick and hold for a while.

They say you should always warm-up before stretching, and after your typicial work out/training.....then do your full stretching routines. The body should be warm up both times.

Most of the DVd,s and books say that too!

I tried stretching my wallet and money.....same results...NO GAINS! "What am I doing wrong here?" HELP!

Aloha