Renshikan

D

Deathtrap101

I was wondering if any of you have heard of Renshikan karate do.
i have bin training in it for about 9 months now and have found a few dogo's that train in Renshikan so i was just wondering about how well known it is? thanks.

OP
M

Mr.karate

Deathtrap were in Alberta do you train? Who is your sensei? I know a fewpeople who study Renshikan And I study Chito ryu myself.
Justin

OP
M

Mr.karate

Hey Renshikan are you ever going to come and check this out again I would really like an answer.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Mr.karate
Hey Renshikan are you ever going to come and check this out again I would really like an answer.

Who are you talking to?

OP
M

Mr.karate

Oops! I meant deathtrap I thought his name was Renshikan for some reason.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is the same as Renshi kai. They are fairly big here in Australia. They get their students by going door to door, selling from a folder type sales brochure.

I haven't seen any of their stuff, so I can't give an opinion of their actual style though.:D

--Dave

:asian:

OP
M

Mr.karate

No I don't think it is the same orginization I don't know anything about Renshi Kai but I know Renshikan is mainly in Canada and I don't know if it is anywhere outside Canada except maybe the US.
It is an orginization made by Sensei Akutagawa after he broke away from Chito ryu. That is all I know and I could be wrong about that.

OP
D

Deathtrap101

havnt bin to martial talk in a while. I train in Drayton Valley. Little town west of Edmonton. I train under Barry Simpson 2nd degree black belt, he lives in Edmonton but makes it once a week to train us. I had the pleasure of training under Sensei akutagawa a few months ago at a clinic that was actualy hosted here.

Yea im pretty sure Renshikan is based here in Canada.

OP
M

Mr.karate

That is pretty cool I know a few people from your dojo. I heard that it was shut down but I guess not maybe I miss interpreted what it was I heard. Good luck in your training

OP
D

Deathtrap101

yea it was gonna ghut down due to the sensei had back problems and couldnt train anymore. But that's getting better and he comes back now.

OP
D

Deathtrap101

who exactly do you know at my dojo?

Latest Discussions