Register Your Hands - Only 19.95!

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now that's funny, in a pathetic sort of way.

I'm going to promptly move to Montana where no one can kill me with their bare hands. Nutcases......

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they sent you a suitably fancy certificate, it would be worth it for a laugh.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am confused.

The highest number was 168,xxx with the next highest 85,xxx. Yet their list is short very short in comparison to the numbers. What did they do remove people who moved? ;) But they said if you moved there was no need to re-register. :lol:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember when alot of schools did this for $9.95 back in the seventies, here come Disco back as well.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"*sniff* that's right Karate, made my whole body a weapon." ~ Luther Heggs (as played by Don Knotts ... Ghost And Mr Chicken)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"*sniff* that's right Karate, made my whole body a weapon." ~ Luther Heggs (as played by Don Knotts ... Ghost And Mr Chicken)
That Luther is tough! He beat the heck out of that guys fists with his jaw and nose..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very Sad.
icon9.gif

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
http://www.registermyhands.com/

ugh.

The only thing more disgusting than this site is the list of people who actually registered.

AoG

And whatever kind of idiots registered someone ELSE as if it were any of their goddamned business.

Part of me thinks "This has gotta be a joke, right?"

The rest of me who knows too much about human nature knows it isn't.

It is true in general that if after you wind up in court, when (not "if", when) it becomes known that you are a martial artist of any degree of skill the other side WILL make it as difficult for you as they can, but the "required registering of the body as a deadly weapon" myth is exactly that--A MYTH.

Tell you honestly?

Even if it WERE a legal requirement I'd refuse.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The court system will bring anyhting into play, U know I want to be a register legal weapon. I will be sending my money in today.

GuroJason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's actually surprising sometimes to find out that even "educated" people fall for such claims as "my hands are registered lethal weapons!!!"

I told my brother I'd knock him out one time and he threatened to take me to court because I had made a terroristic threat because my hands would be considered a deadly weapon in a court of law.

He's going for his masters degree!!! I'd have thought he knew better than listen to the guy at the party that just got his first stripe on his white belt and starts telling everyone he can't put his hands in his pockets without being arrested for concealing deadly weapons.

Note, I didn't knock out my brother and I don't intend to.

Further note, "the guy at the party" wasn't me lol

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd have thought he knew better than listen to the guy at the party that just got his first stripe on his white belt and starts telling everyone he can't put his hands in his pockets without being arrested for concealing deadly weapons

Someone actually said that:lfao::jaw-dropping:???

GuroJason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Someone actually said that:lfao::jaw-dropping:???

Haha that's pretty good, right? Yeah, people used to ask me that back when I was studying Kenpo. I don't know if anyone said that to my brother, but it's just as ludicrous that he'd try to take me to court for making terroristic threats because I could kill him with my hands so I used it as an example lol

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haha that's pretty good, right? Yeah, people used to ask me that back when I was studying Kenpo. I don't know if anyone said that to my brother, but it's just as ludicrous that he'd try to take me to court for making terroristic threats because I could kill him with my hands so I used it as an example lol

I'd like the movie rights to that trial....

Latest Discussions