Recent full contact stick fight

OP
Christopher Adamchek

Christopher Adamchek

Purple Belt
Reaction score
@Blindside thank you
it was a grappling and kick boxing match event, with the main event being the single stick fight i participated in.
The competitor i faced is a kali student there who is up for promotion soon and they were hoping for a kali practitioner from another school to face him for outside experience. Im not primarily kali but no other fighteres answered the call so i stepped in. He had me outgunned at long range, so i used foot work and closed range to tie him up. So it was a really interesting match.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
@Blindside thank you
it was a grappling and kick boxing match event, with the main event being the single stick fight i participated in.
The competitor i faced is a kali student there who is up for promotion soon and they were hoping for a kali practitioner from another school to face him for outside experience. Im not primarily kali but no other fighteres answered the call so i stepped in. He had me outgunned at long range, so i used foot work and closed range to tie him up. So it was a really interesting match.

If you plan on doing this again you might take a look at some of the resources available that deal specifically with stick grappling. Mind you one of my preferred is to get mount and the stake the guy in the chest and face ala Buffy, but there are a number of high percentage pain inducers out there that are unique to stick grappling like the Fang Choke:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Blindside thank you

That's so the balls.

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can't watch the video, are you wearing protective gear? If not that's crazy

Parzival

Green Belt
Reaction score
You will probably enjoy this:

You would be right, I need to get into this. It seems we have every martial art in bali except sticks, unless I want to get into Pencak Silat but I'm not about that. I value my body and my soul haha

Latest Discussions