Real Tiger Kung Fu vs. Real Snake Kung Fu

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
so what can we draw from it?

the snake moved like water, just filling what gaps were available -- almost casually -- until the opening appeared.

the tiger's total commitment to each action.

both committed totally to their goals, even if the goals changed midstream (the tiger at first wanted to pursue the fight, then got a good scare and opted for retreat)

more....

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about, get away when you can. There were several times at the beginning the tiger could have just left, not doing so almost cost him his life.

7sm

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, That was fun to watch. Thank-you for sharing the video clip. ...Aloha

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great find, James, that was truly impressive. I honestly would have expected the tiger's biting and clawing to do more serious damage to the python. Perseverance in the face of fearsome adversity was the theme for me.

Bravo, though. Great fight. :asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was a great find! I love the way the python used its advantages to defeat the aggressor. I'm sure the Tiger did plenty of damage, but that snake rolled well and ended the conflict.

This is a good parable for martial arts I think. The tiger was very dynamic and powerful looking and the snake was very passive and subtle. Yet each was capable of success and failure...depending on the individual.

The lesson I draw is to never underestimate the snake and never let the fact that you may be a tiger allow you to get to over confident.