Real Nice Shaolin Kung Fu clip

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oops I forgot to type that on the side it says Shaolin Xinyiba.
This is "supposedly" some secret method. Of course I dont believe anything when it comes to MA and something being "secret".
Anyone with knowledge on this?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Oops I forgot to type that on the side it says Shaolin Xinyiba.
This is "supposedly" some secret method. Of course I dont believe anything when it comes to MA and something being "secret".
Anyone with knowledge on this?
it is a secret
wait, they didnt tell it to me :(
i dont know, but this looks familiar, looks like a combination of styles

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
some interesting techniques...

I agree. Very fluid and I like the hip bumps. Some I have never seen before.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I agree. Very fluid and I like the hip bumps. Some I have never seen before.

Yeah, I love those, alot of that stuff in Chen Taiji, or most combat Taiji for that matter.

7sm

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like the way he manipulates the attacking limb to setup the body for his own attack. And yeah, using body-on-body is sweet too :D

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It definately could be related to Chen style.. I am also wondering if it might be Hsing I which is often taught along-side Tai Chi. The short movements and mostly linear approach with the hands seems very indicative of Hsing I.

Rob

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I got the information below from another message board about this style.
I am not sure about the accuracy but I am sure the good people on this message board can figure out what is true/false/skeptical and enlighten me and others on this. Thanks I look forward to seeing what you all have to say!

Shaolin Xinyiba

Xin yi ba is highest level of secret skill of shaolin traditional gongfu. Many people might be curious about shaolin Xin Yi Ba, here we will try to provide as much accurate information as possible. The information written bellow has been translated from the copy of the original manual, and some are from Shi Xingxiao’s own training experience at shaolin temple. Althrough the theory of Xin Yi Ba is very difficult to translate, we have provided a brief outline on the theory of Xin Yi Ba.

Xin Yi Ba is also known as Chu Jue Tou(锄镢头). It was developed by Shaolin monks through using Gongfu movements while farming. The exact time of the founding of Xin Yi Ba can not be traced due to the several disasters in the history of shaolin temple, and many manuscripts were lost. However, Xin Yi Ba already became very famous during the Song Dynasty.

At present some Wushu practitioners in Dengfeng claim that they know Shaolin Xin Yi Ba. They may have been taught a few movements when master Wu sanlin was invited back to shaolin temple to teach for three years. Acctually the “Xin Yi ba” they claim to know can’t be called Xin Yi Ba gongfu.

Xin Yi Ba consists only of a few main series of movements and some branch movements. When one can become proficient in mastering those movements, he can create infinite postures of their own. In fact, the study of Xin Yi Ba is to practice and fortify your Qi and your outer strength, the purpose is to manipulate your Qi to nourish your internal organs and enrich the muscles of the body. Then one can move the Qi out of the body as well, and the Qi can help your body avoid being injured in some situations. And helps Clam your mind, and prevent illness, make your body strong. The study of Xin Yi Ba consists of many aspects of different theories and practical training, such as: Understanding of the three sections (Ming San Jie)/the four sensations (Qi Si Shao)/guard the five elements (Bi Wu Xing)/Liu He and Three voids and so on.

Six combinations (Liu He 六合)

Most people distinguish between external and internal martial arts and think that they are separate. But in truth, to train only internal or external are too unilateral of Gong-fu practicing. The hardest combination to train is the combination of “Xin” and “yi”. “Xin” is known as the heart, “Yi” is known as intent/mind, Liu He means the combination of six sections of the body, of which 3 are external and 3 are internal. When the six sections of the body are combined including the (Xin Yi), one can develop limitless power from their body.

From the training of shaolin traditional movements, one would have learnt how to incorporate the three sectons of the body, which is the three external combinations. Through constant practice, and learn how to set them into motion as a seamless whole. Then, it would be difficult for your opponent to win from the practical aspects. Through practising the physical aspects of training and maintaining a vegetarian diet, one will build and store more and more Qi within the body, and thus will be ready for inrernal training.

The most important aspect of internal training is one's mind and intention. In other words, one's intention must be combined with the Qi and focused on each movement. As many people know that Qi-gong is the art of breathing, the majority of people who have read about Qi-gong will know that many theories are similar. However, the methods of practice may vary. Normally people's breathing is not fully completed, so the practice of deep breathing through the Dantian which is your lower abdomen can complete you breathing. In this way, your breathing can guide more oxygen to every organ and nerves, and activates the nerves to be more sensitive, which makes the immune system stronger and more resistant to viruses and illness. So the body can generate more potential energy. That's how some people who practice Qi-gong are able to be cured their own illness that conventional medicine cannot cure. In traditional Shaolin training, there are some advanced methods and forms for internal training such as Yi Jin Jing and Shi Sui Jing, these forms enable you to manipulate the Qi and produce more physical power in fighting movements. The movements are led by one's mind, only when you can purify your mind, combined with your intent, and your mind can control the Qi to flow through all the nerves smoothly, then you can bring out the power generated through Qi in your movements. To follow the theory we explained above, your Mind, Intention, Qi and Power must be well combined, which are three internal combinations of Liu He.

Understanding of the three sections (Ming San Jie明三节)

The body has three main sections of which the hands to shoulders (upper section) chest to waste (middle section) hips to feet (root section).

Then we analyze the three major sections there are another three sections to each one of the main sections.

Upper section: hands(Upper), elbows(middle) and shoulders(root).
Middle section: chest(upper) heart(middle) and lower abdomen(root).
Root section: feet(upper) knees(middle) and hips(root).

The relationship between the three sections has its own unique functions. For instance when a movement is performed from one of the three sections,the other two sections must be in harmony to generate the power from the movement done, which means any movements must be supported by the power generated from the whole body. That’s how important it is for practitioners to understand the San Jie.

Four internal sensations(Qi si shao-齐四稍)

For the original gongfu theory, all parts of the body are connected to the central nerve system for instance, the hair is assumed as being the ending of the blood, the nails is the ending of the ligament, teeth is the ending of your bones and tongue is the ending of your muscles.

When you are practicing, you should get the sensations like your hair is lifting your scalp; and your nails are like trying to penetrate the bones; and teeth are like biting through steel and your tongue is like trying to push your teeth out of place. Then the internal power can be most generated. When the Qi raises from the Dantian, the Qi produces a sound with each movement, the sound follows the movements and work together as a whole. Then all the parts of the body are set into motion, and the internal energy can be generated completely.

So when you practice gong-fu, first you must understand the theory behind the method. Also you have to understand every part of your body within the movements and what it is used for. Only when you understand these, your practice will be effective and efficient. The theories we have explained above are only a part of the requirements of the practice of Xin Yi Ba. There are much more theories and practical application of Xin Yi Ba which can’t be put into words, but the practitioner must experience personally through training with the old training methods.
For Xin yi ba practice, there are some certain postures and movements to practice with the requirements, through practice you can become more proficient in the fighting strategy. And the practice can improve your gong-fu to the unlimited state. If one can reach the peak of the practice of Xin Yi Ba, then any movements performed can be called Xin Yi Ba.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions