Quick result stretching....

jkd friend

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does any know how I can get my leg back stretched out to do a split again was able to do it but lost and alot of abilties do to life changes. But I looking for some good stretches to get my kicks back up to the level of a split. Quick methods would be helpful do to my impatients about it Thanks:asian:

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Try sand barefoot. It will hold your feet and ankles steady you as you slowly increase the distance from foot to foot.
I am an advocate for active stretching in which I do physical work to heat up and loosen up for deeper stretching...
Its also easier to stretch in a jacuzzi of course becuase of the heat..

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Warm up before stretching--jump rope or something so the muscles are warm; that really helps. That said, I can kick really high, but I can't do a split. Anybody else like that out there?

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Impatience can be downright dangerous when it comes to stretching. It can quickly lead to injuries that can take weeks, if not months, to recover from (primarily torn muscles).

Try doing a google search to find material about isometric and pnf stretching. There's lots of it out there for free. Those are the quickest methods of increasing flexibility safely.

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I can kick really high, but I can't do a split. Anybody else like that out there?

Hi,

Yes, I've seen that. Years ago I trained in jidokwan. The best kickers in our school - including the guys who could kick the highest - could not do a full side split. On the other hand, there were a few students who could drop easily into a full side split, but couldn't kick as high (nor with as much power) as those other people.

Latest Discussions