qui gong Kenpo

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have with me a list of words you can breath out of your body that target specific organs of the body. They are :

1.Hsu (shu) for the liver
2.He (huh) For the heart {said as a deep snore}
3.Hu (who) for stomach spleen and idegestion
4.Sz (sss) for lung, skin, nose, abscesses {slightly forced through the teeth}
5. Chiu (chway) Kidneys and Chills
6. Hsi (she) burning points such as the asophogas, stomach, and urethro

My question is if I were to train with this breathing with say a kenpo form, Should I do them all seperatly or could I go through a form using all six? Or should this only be done evisioning energy flowing through you and all that mystical crap?:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
George Dillman talks about this at seminars. He also has noises for strikes at certain angles, as well as organs.

O

ob2c

What you are talking about is a type of Chi Gung. It is meant to energise and promote health in the targeted organs. But there are specific movements that go with these sounds. There are also contraindications to doing this type chigung. And you can mess yourself up doing this without proper instruction. A lot of people, even martial artists, scoff at this . But it is real and not something to do lightly.

You might try asking in the Internal Arts forum for advise on this one.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actualy have a list of corresponding movements and even fingers you pull on after each excercise. I just didn't include the info in my original post.

O

ob2c

If your reference material is complete and detailed, you could probably get away with doing some light qigong. But the postures are precise and have a lot of details. I doubt you'd do much good doing the sounds with Kenpo forms. And it is possible to do yourself harm doing this incorrectly. Also, this statement indicates your skepticism about this, which would really not be helpful:

"Or should this only be done evisioning energy flowing through you and all that mystical crap?"

I'd advise that you read up on it, then find a good instructor and give it a try. And let go, be open to the experience. Don't give up your common sense, or just go on blind faith. But accept that it could be real and question what you feel. The answers will probably surprise you.

I will tell you that I've worked with it, and had a bad experience. I don't have an experienced instructor for qigong right now (though I'm working on that). So I limmit myself to light qigong with relaxation and energy flow as my main objectives. Again, I'd go ask the internal guys for their take on this. You'll probably find some there with more experience and get some better answers and advise from them.

Good luck with your qi quest!

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by ob2c
If your reference material is complete and detailed, you could probably get away with doing some light qigong. But the postures are precise and have a lot of details. I doubt you'd do much good doing the sounds with Kenpo forms. And it is possible to do yourself harm doing this incorrectly. Also, this statement indicates your skepticism about this, which would really not be helpful:

"Or should this only be done evisioning energy flowing through you and all that mystical crap?"

I'd advise that you read up on it, then find a good instructor and give it a try. And let go, be open to the experience. Don't give up your common sense, or just go on blind faith. But accept that it could be real and question what you feel. The answers will probably surprise you.

I will tell you that I've worked with it, and had a bad experience. I don't have an experienced instructor for qigong right now (though I'm working on that). So I limmit myself to light qigong with relaxation and energy flow as my main objectives. Again, I'd go ask the internal guys for their take on this. You'll probably find some there with more experience and get some better answers and advise from them.

Good luck with your qi quest!

Correct. Without the proper breathing and proper body mechanics you are wasting your time at best - at the worst, doing yourself harm.

You cannot add this type of information to something else. It is integrated into specific dedicated movement not motion.

Latest Discussions