Questions!

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What are some techniques that assist the enforcement and power/easy ability to use
low elbow energy?!

My second level dan chi is fairly focused on this concept, and it's quite awkward, I asked sifu
if there was anything I could do outside of school and he said other than dan chi there isn't really
a way to train it, can anyone out there think of anything? :p i've got a bucket I fill with water
and hold between the elbows of double fook saus as I force my elbows down and push at the same time-
I feel like my neck is going to become incredibly elongated in the process! :p

which way would you reccomend to be able to do 100 push ups in a row, pushing yourself in one
huge rep until you physically can't go any more and than repeating that as many times as my arms
will allow me, or doing reps of some more managable number, and doing more of them as a consequence
or a combination of the both.. or something else!? suggestions welcome!! :p

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What are some techniques that assist the enforcement and power/easy ability to use
low elbow energy?!

My second level dan chi is fairly focused on this concept, and it's quite awkward, I asked sifu
if there was anything I could do outside of school and he said other than dan chi there isn't really
a way to train it, can anyone out there think of anything? :p i've got a bucket I fill with water
and hold between the elbows of double fook saus as I force my elbows down and push at the same time-
I feel like my neck is going to become incredibly elongated in the process!

:p

have you tried iron rings?

yip1.jpg

you can use these in your sil lum tao,the weights also give resistance of an opponents arm pressing on you.another point being that with the weights being on your wrist as opposed simply holding a dumbell,you can keep your fingers and wrists relaxed.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with skinters to use the iron rings.

Also at home by your self practice doing dan chi sau on your own. Just drill the heck out of it everyday you don't go to class. Drill like your doing Chi Sau but imagine you have an opponent connected. This way you will have more muscle memory of dan chi sau.

Latest Discussions