Question about G.Dillman

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even if I agreed, he posts lots of good info. and that's something that can't be said of everyone at this site.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Even if I agreed, he posts lots of good info. and that's something that can't be said of everyone at this site.
Yes, I give him credit for good posts if they are informative and polite. Esp in greeting posts instead of a warm "Welcome" or "Hello", he askes for their style with a readiness to debunk/refrute.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Yes, I give him credit for good posts if they are informative and polite. Esp in greeting posts instead of a warm "Welcome" or "Hello", he askes for their style with a readiness to debunk/refrute.
i think robert has his doubts about some people or the styles they train in........heck, i openly admit i study kosho and i am a member of SKSKI, a lot of people have a problem with that. but, this is just my opinion........most people with extensive knowledge can pretty easily pick out the hackers......even on an online forum.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
i think robert has his doubts about some people or the styles they train in........heck, i openly admit i study kosho and i am a member of SKSKI, a lot of people have a problem with that. but, this is just my opinion........most people with extensive knowledge can pretty easily pick out the hackers......even on an online forum.
Actually I don't go looking for fakes, frauds or wannabe BS artists. These guys come on here and make some claim or comment that stirs my curiosity and I ask them a question….like “who did you train with?” or “what style do you train?”…..usually folks don’t have a problem answering these type of questions……it’s only when people get defensive and make excuses or give vague or often no answer that the BS meter kicks in.

Most of the time I am right about my observations….anybody remember ARK & his buddy (name forgotten), Chiduce, Mike Sensei and a few others??? All were found to be bogus and full of the “brown” stuff in one way or another.

Bottom line…..I hate liars and cowards…..

VSanhodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have been to Dillmans seminars and Rick MoneyMakers seminars. At Moneymakers seminar I got very angry when Rick said he was going to knock ppl out then when it came time he left. Of course having Renshei Shull there with me, one of Mr Oyatas long time students and senior studnet of Tashi Logue didnt help give moneyMaker any credibility. So far as Dillmans seminar I told dillman face to face, man to man tha twhat he showed was very basic at best and all this fire burns wood and water drowns ducks etc was good marketing but poor martial arts, He was unable to KO me. Now I will admit he did stager me, but only after hitting me 4 seperate times and the last strike was a forearm across the side of my neck. Dillman saw what he did as a victory, I saw it as a miserable failure.

Ive also been on the recieving end of Mr Shull and Mr Logue, with very light finger touch I was calling for me Momma, I was O U T out. with very very light finger touch. Having trained in Mr Oyatas system of Ryu-te for approx 10 years now I would have to say Dillman and Moneymaker do have skill, Their skill is in marketing and BS not in true martial arts.

SImply my humble opinion

BTW, Robert I noticed you were gone for awhile, Please allow me to welcome you back, it is good to read your posts again.

now someone mentioned they would like to see Dillman and Mr Oyata square off and once and for all settle this Mano A Mano, Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Toooo, I would love to see it as well. Seeing MoneyMaker and Dillman squeal like little girls would make me laugh and bring me much happiness not to mention it would remove 2 of the biggest BS artist out there.

Simply my humble opinion of course. If what I say offends anyone it is not my intention to offend you and I apologize if my statements offend you but I do not apologize for what I said.

Thanks

San

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Actually I don't go looking for fakes, frauds or wannabe BS artists. These guys come on here and make some claim or comment that stirs my curiosity and I ask them a question….like “who did you train with?” or “what style do you train?”…..usually folks don’t have a problem answering these type of questions……it’s only when people get defensive and make excuses or give vague or often no answer that the BS meter kicks in.

Most of the time I am right about my observations….anybody remember ARK & his buddy (name forgotten), Chiduce, Mike Sensei and a few others??? All were found to be bogus and full of the “brown” stuff in one way or another.

Bottom line…..I hate liars and cowards…..
Yeah, but when someone admits that they HAD a fraudulent, or incredulous teacher, they are confessing without looking for further debunking and bashing. And there are some people training with "unknowns", that some lineages are unheard of.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
VSanhodo said:
1)[font=&quot] [/font]I have been to Dillmans seminars and Rick MoneyMakers seminars. At Moneymakers seminar I got very angry when Rick said he was going to knock ppl out then when it came time he left. Of course having Renshei Shull there with me, one of Mr Oyatas long time students and senior studnet of Tashi Logue didnt help give moneyMaker any credibility.

2)[font=&quot] [/font]So far as Dillmans seminar I told dillman face to face, man to man that what he showed was very basic at best and all this fire burns wood and water drowns ducks etc was good marketing but poor martial arts, He was unable to KO me.

3)[font=&quot] [/font]Now I will admit he did stager me, but only after hitting me 4 seperate times and the last strike was a forearm across the side of my neck. Dillman saw what he did as a victory, I saw it as a miserable failure.

4)[font=&quot] [/font]Ive also been on the recieving end of Mr Shull and Mr Logue, with very light finger touch I was calling for me Momma, I was O U T out. with very very light finger touch. Having trained in Mr Oyatas system of Ryu-te for approx 10 years now I would have to say Dillman and Moneymaker do have skill, Their skill is in marketing and BS not in true martial arts.

SImply my humble opinion

5)[font=&quot] [/font]BTW, Robert I noticed you were gone for awhile, Please allow me to welcome you back, it is good to read your posts again.

6)[font=&quot] [/font]now someone mentioned they would like to see Dillman and Mr Oyata square off and once and for all settle this Mano A Mano, Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Toooo, I would love to see it as well. Seeing MoneyMaker and Dillman squeal like little girls would make me laugh and bring me much happiness not to mention it would remove 2 of the biggest BS artist out there.

7)[font=&quot] [/font]Simply my humble opinion of course. If what I say offends anyone it is not my intention to offend you and I apologize if my statements offend you but I do not apologize for what I said.

Thanks

San

1)[font=&quot] [/font]Maybe he got “stage fright”….or maybe he just can’t do it on someone that doesn’t agree with him.

2)[font=&quot] [/font]Funny how some folks buy that pseudo TCM talk…..I have always lived by Mr. Oayata’s golden rule…..”no hurt no down”….meaning if it doesn’t hurt they won’t go to the floor.

3)[font=&quot] [/font]Yeah but did he let you fight back. ;) Most likely he wouldn’t get shot #1 in let alone 2,3, & 4.

4)[font=&quot] [/font]I asked Mr. Oyata why he doesn’t market himself more his reply “no need”. Not really sure what he meant but I am guessing he is not too interested in being on the New York Sellers list for MA books and tapes.

5)[font=&quot] [/font]Thanks, I was a bad boy and had to go to time out.

6)[font=&quot] [/font]Dillman wouldn’t show. He always seemed to be “unavailable” for seminars in the Kansas City area (Mr. Oyata’s neighborhood) even though Dillman’s own students were hosting them.

7)[font=&quot] [/font]It very well could offend someone here. For goodness sake don’t ask any questions or you really will offend someone!

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
1)Maybe he got “stage fright”….or maybe he just can’t do it on someone that doesn’t agree with him.

2)Funny how some folks buy that pseudo TCM talk…..I have always lived by Mr. Oayata’s golden rule…..”no hurt no down”….meaning if it doesn’t hurt they won’t go to the floor.

3)Yeah but did he let you fight back. ;) Most likely he wouldn’t get shot #1 in let alone 2,3, & 4.

4)I asked Mr. Oyata why he doesn’t market himself more his reply “no need”. Not really sure what he meant but I am guessing he is not too interested in being on the New York Sellers list for MA books and tapes.

5)Thanks, I was a bad boy and had to go to time out.

6)Dillman wouldn’t show. He always seemed to be “unavailable” for seminars in the Kansas City area (Mr. Oyata’s neighborhood) even though Dillman’s own students were hosting them.

7)It very well could offend someone here. For goodness sake don’t ask any questions or you really will offend someone!
1.) Yeah, Dillman had also became a future no-show when his "assistants" could not drop a few people in the first of a couple of seminars.

2.) He and others that follow him, are unable to KO many people. It is like subliminal KO...something like religion congregation feeling so spiritual form a pastor/minister that the get KOed by him in the name.

3.) Fighting back has always been a problem with these KO seminars. As if a opponent is actually going to stand there and wait to be KOed.

4.) He doesn't market himself because Dillman does. Which could be underlying controversy between them.

5.) No comment

6.) Oyata lives in Kansas City?

7.) Constructive questioning is good. As long as the result of the questioning turn into the Inquisition.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alright so the many of you that claim to say such and such to Mr. Dillman show me the proof. Whos seminar what year etc... I have explained why we do not have the people fight back but yet you cannot explain why the people in Oyatas videos never fight back funny huh? The fact of the matter is this our organization is growning not only by marketing but by being able to put up when the money is on the line.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ppko said:
Alright so the many of you that claim to say such and such to Mr. Dillman show me the proof. Whos seminar what year etc... I have explained why we do not have the people fight back but yet you cannot explain why the people in Oyatas videos never fight back funny huh? The fact of the matter is this our organization is growning not only by marketing but by being able to put up when the money is on the line.
for more information go here
http://www.geocities.com/brsbarnes/index.htm

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Careful, there are anti-Dillman people here.

Seriously, yes, Mr Dillman made a name for himself. Yes, he has something to offer for those people who did not or were not able to further their training/study. Due to many reasons, these people had sought out Mr Dillman's seminars to add or supplement what they were doing.

The main probelm is that there are "two camps". Oyatas and Dillman's. Each with what they believe in what they are doing.

There are people not knowing much going to Dillman's seminars to pick up a little extra along the way without having to spend years with the Oyata camp.

And there are people, who totally believe that the pressure point study will all work, anytime, on anyone.

So, though I am not anti-Dillman, I just did not have to follow the bandwagon.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
1)Alright so the many of you that claim to say such and such to Mr. Dillman show me the proof. Whos seminar what year etc...

2)I have explained why we do not have the people fight back but yet you cannot explain why the people in Oyatas videos never fight back funny huh?

3)The fact of the matter is this our organization is growning not only by marketing but by being able to put up when the money is on the line.
1)Go to Jim Coffman’s website for starters.

2)Never?? That’s a kind of a blanket statement don’t ya think. You and your pal actually only showed (or should I say stole since those mpegs were on an old Polish the new site can be found here: http://www.kempo.org.pl/galeria.html ) 2 mpegs where he was actually going through a technique explaining it as he went through it, I see you failed to show other mpegs where the movement is faster with less dialogue. Some commentary on each mpeg. Mpeg #1: the attacker is “making a gesture” to grab a wrist, before the attacker can actually grab hold the technique is put into motion. Mr. Oyata’s point in this mpeg was don’t wait for the attacker to get a firm grip and settle into his attack before you do something. Mpeg#2: merely explaining with fairly painful results where a nerve strike is supposed to go. Just showing the place-not the technique. Also of note was the lack of "color by numbers kyusho" explanation. Looked like good old fashioned pain to me. (the "attacker" in the mpegs was on the Polish Judo team and a former kickboxer)

Here is a funny story for ya…..On a trip to Okinawa in Feb. 2004 Mr. Oyata contacted Hokama Tetsuo (8th or 9th dan in Goju & Okinawa Karate Museum) and asked to stop by and have a look. Hokama said they were “closed” and he should come back tomorrow. Mr. Oyata told him who he was and Hokama said: “Oh I didn’t know it was you, please come by in about an hour.” When Mr. Oyata got there Hokama explained that he had wanted to meet him for a long time and wanted something of his to put in his museum. Both of them got on the subject of technique and it seems Dillman has also made a trip there and showed some technique to Hokama. Hokama asked Mr. Oyata about it and tried to do it……didn’t work. It didn’t even work on one of Mr. Oyata’s students. Then Mr. Oyata showed Hokama some technique…….Mr. Oyata’s worked every time on Hokama. Since that day Hokama has invited Mr. Oyata to Okinawa several times.

Maybe Dillman gets so much flack is because he claims to be able to do things he can’t actually do. Maybe it’s because many seasoned MA people don’t buy into his line of BULL. Maybe it’s because Dillman wants “customers” and not students. Maybe it’s because Dillman has lied about his rank from shodan on up.

3) Really?? I think others would disagree.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I knew he and it was coming......

Except he only presents Jim Coffman’s website.

You will think he could provide other references.

As far as Oyata and Hokama Tetsuo, it is a story with no proof of the meeting.

And if such meeting, no proof that such technique was shown by Dillman, to be the same used by Oyata, to demonstrate effectiveness, or ineffectiveness.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
I knew he and it was coming......

Except he only presents Jim Coffman’s website.

You will think he could provide other references.

As far as Oyata and Hokama Tetsuo, it is a story with no proof of the meeting.

And if such meeting, no proof that such technique was shown by Dillman, to be the same used by Oyata, to demonstrate effectiveness, or ineffectiveness.
Agreed

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Rouusolet,

Why must you always quote James Coffmans' site I said proof not someones oppinion. You have claimed that all Mr. Dillman did when he went to Mr. Oyatas seminars is stay in his trailor and drink. Official Karate July 1984 Has Mr. Oyata doing techniques to Mr. Dillman and in another month they are talking in the magazine about doing seminars with each other. If what you say is true about Mr. Dillman I do not believe that they would have been posing so actively and doing seminars with each other, if Mr. Oyata is like most people that I know he would find that kind of behavior rude, and would not put up with it, and beings Mr. Dillman started training with Mr. Oyata back in 1983 I am sure that he would have been found out before than. Back then (I have seen video tape footage of Mr. Oyata doing KOs about 25 years ago) Mr. Oyata didn't even do any revivals after KOing people and none of his people were attaking him so please don't tell me that we are the only organization that does stationary KOs.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Mr. Rouusolet,

Why must you always quote James Coffmans' site I said proof not someones oppinion. You have claimed that all Mr. Dillman did when he went to Mr. Oyatas seminars is stay in his trailor and drink. Official Karate July 1984 Has Mr. Oyata doing techniques to Mr. Dillman and in another month they are talking in the magazine about doing seminars with each other. If what you say is true about Mr. Dillman I do not believe that they would have been posing so actively and doing seminars with each other, if Mr. Oyata is like most people that I know he would find that kind of behavior rude, and would not put up with it, and beings Mr. Dillman started training with Mr. Oyata back in 1983 I am sure that he would have been found out before than. Back then (I have seen video tape footage of Mr. Oyata doing KOs about 25 years ago) Mr. Oyata didn't even do any revivals after KOing people and none of his people were attaking him so please don't tell me that we are the only organization that does stationary KOs.
No proof the meeting took place in Okinawa between Mr. Oyata and Mr. Hokama?

Have a look at the photo……….
Unlike some dirtbags on MT I have no problem in coughing up things to back up my claims.......enjoy

Welcome to Chez MartialTalk where I will serve you nothing but the finest crow.

You might want to order some whine (wine) since you will be eating a lot of crow. Served up cold of course.

(I have to admit Mr. Hokama is no slouch and by no way do I mean to discredit him or his technique by posting these photos. In fact I think it is very admirable that a man of his rank would be open minded enough to show interest in another style and he is to be respected for it. )

Oyata does technique on Hokama
Hokama1.jpg

Hokam tries technique on Oyata's student
Hokama2.jpg

Hokama gets instruction from Oyata

Hokama4.jpg

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Mr. Rouusolet,

1) Why must you always quote James Coffmans' site I said proof not someones oppinion. You have claimed that all Mr. Dillman did when he went to Mr. Oyatas seminars is stay in his trailor and drink.

2) Official Karate July 1984 Has Mr. Oyata doing techniques to Mr. Dillman and in another month they are talking in the magazine about doing seminars with each other. If what you say is true about Mr. Dillman I do not believe that they would have been posing so actively and doing seminars with each other, if Mr. Oyata is like most people that I know he would find that kind of behavior rude, and would not put up with it, and beings Mr. Dillman started training with Mr. Oyata back in 1983 I am sure that he would have been found out before than. Back then (I have seen video tape footage of Mr. Oyata doing KOs about 25 years ago) Mr. Oyata didn't even do any revivals after KOing people and none of his people were attaking him so please don't tell me that we are the only organization that does stationary KOs.
1)Why? Because Hoffman’s site is up and ready for all to see PLUS he was an eyewitness to much of Dillman’s antics. But that's right and eyewitness is not good enough for some people on MT....they need a video taped confession. :rolleyes: Why don’t you prove what Hoffamn says to be untrue? Prove him wrong.

2)I have that issue and in it Dilman says about Oyata’s technique and I quote “it’s like nothing I have ever seen before”.

The rest of your post is mere speculation on your behalf .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions