Question about G.Dillman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Okay, I jsut want to know if it has been proven or disproven if dillman actually did gain a Kyoshi liscense from Taika Seiyu Oyata, or if he is just claiming it which is my guess. Secondly is there a copy of the cert availible to see?
I am just taking this logically. With Dillmans no-touch K.O. and other things like such, I cannot seem to belive he ever got any rank under Taika. In his book "Ryu Te no Michi" Taika Oyata tells alot about his methods, and how he views ki/Chi (a whole chapter about it) and it is opposite to Dillman. Taika clearly states and re-states that you have to strike your opponet to carry out a technique or knowckout, people that claim to do this without touching their opponets are frauds, and only take advantage of people. So please help clear this up.
Thanks!
Yours in the arts,
--Joshua

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oyata's own students seem to say "no", he never recieved such a license. It even seems that Oyata changed his martial art's name and trademarked it to get away from any form of association with Dillman.

OP
C

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
the second half is yes and no, but thanks.
Taika chaned his art to Ryu Te and Trademarked it (Ryu Te TM) as well as Oyata Shin Shu Ho and his assosiation Ryu Te Renmei, because like Dilman, anyone can use Ryukyu Kempo, it is a general term. Ryu Te is a more specific and is much deeper and more meaningfull, because it has more than one meaning. but it was not to simply get away from Dillman, it was to keep peolpe like Dillman from claiming to teach Taika's art, but also because of the meaning and the intorduction of some new things(teachings) the were not taught before the name change.
anywhoo thats that. So Dillman does not claim it anymore?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think Dillman claims to teach ryukyu kempo anymore either...I think it's something like Dillman Karate or some such....

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But then agian, vould it be that the two had a "fall-out" and that Oyata attempted to "cut ties" with Dillman?

One of my students and i discussed Dillman to the point my student went to his seminars...all I can say my student was dis-satisfied.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
One of my students and i discussed Dillman to the point my student went to his seminars...all I can say my student was dis-satisfied.
How about a dog and pony show? I can't say that he doesn't provide legitimate training in some areas but most of his fans seem to be of the "true believer" type. However, he obviously has many years in the arts so I hold out the possibility that my personal impressions may be incorrect.

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm curious. Is there ANY video of him attempting to do his "No-Touch" KO's against someone who wasn't a follower? I saw the one tape of the guy who trained with Dillman, and the skeptical news reporter had him attempt it on her, and then on some NHB guys, which both ended in failure. But of course, when he did it on his own students, it worked then :rolleyes:

Franco

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Chizikunbo said:
the second half is yes and no, but thanks.
Taika chaned his art to Ryu Te and Trademarked it (Ryu Te TM) as well as Oyata Shin Shu Ho and his assosiation Ryu Te Renmei, because like Dilman, anyone can use Ryukyu Kempo, it is a general term. Ryu Te is a more specific and is much deeper and more meaningfull, because it has more than one meaning. but it was not to simply get away from Dillman, it was to keep peolpe like Dillman from claiming to teach Taika's art, but also because of the meaning and the intorduction of some new things(teachings) the were not taught before the name change.
anywhoo thats that. So Dillman does not claim it anymore?

Not many people in the west used the name Ryukyu Kempo before Mr. Oyata came to the US. True it is a general term but was still fairly unknown.

Also true is Mr. Oyata changed the name of his style because he got tired of people trying to associate what they do with what he does. Having been there and seen the transition I can tell you the techniques he teaches now are more advanced than the ones he taught years ago when he was calling it Ryukyu Kempo.

Chizikunbo said:
Okay, I jsut want to know if it has been proven or disproven if dillman actually did gain a Kyoshi liscense from Taika Seiyu Oyata, or if he is just claiming it which is my guess. Secondly is there a copy of the cert availible to see?
I am just taking this logically. With Dillmans no-touch K.O. and other things like such, I cannot seem to belive he ever got any rank under Taika. In his book "Ryu Te no Michi" Taika Oyata tells alot about his methods, and how he views ki/Chi (a whole chapter about it) and it is opposite to Dillman. Taika clearly states and re-states that you have to strike your opponet to carry out a technique or knowckout, people that claim to do this without touching their opponets are frauds, and only take advantage of people. So please help clear this up.
Thanks!
Yours in the arts,
--Joshua

Kinda wished you woulda PMed me on this.

Dillman got an “Honorary” rank…..fairly meaningless.... was not a teaching license in any sense of the word. At the time Mr. Oyata was still unknown in the US and was trying to build a relationship with fellow MA people.

His mistake was being too trusting and taking people at their word. (Not being too good at English at the time didn’t help much either)

So what is Dillman’s rank worth??? Well I could give you the same rank and it would be about the same in value. “0”

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
But then agian, vould it be that the two had a "fall-out" and that Oyata attempted to "cut ties" with Dillman?

If memory serves for a while Mr. Oyata told Dillman he could come back and learn it the right way instead of showing people the wrong way…..Dillman always being the humble “student and never the master” as he claims on his website refused and went out to seek his fame and fortune after 6 whole seminars.

Mr. Oyata doesn’t put up with a lot of crap and has booted students that have been with him for decades. He is very serious about certain things and training is one of them. If you don’t want to train hard and study seriously and be dishonest you will be hitting the bricks.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know someone with another martial art system going through the same. The head/master instructor having a fallout with a student that seemed rogued. Making every attemot to cut ties/dis-associate. Does this mean that the student has less abilities?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Does this mean that the student has less abilities?
Are you asking about that specific person or generally speaking?

If it’s that specific person how the hell would anybody know since we have no idea who you are talking about.

If it’s generally speaking again how the hell would anybody know since most people are not familiar with every instance of this……….you seem to do a lot of asking for opinions on over generalizations.
In either case what you asked is not related directly to this thread.
Perhaps you should start a different thread.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Are you asking about that specific person or generally speaking?

If it’s that specific person how the hell would anybody know since we have no idea who you are talking about.

If it’s generally speaking again how the hell would anybody know since most people are not familiar with every instance of this……….you seem to do a lot of asking for opinions on over generalizations.
In either case what you asked is not related directly to this thread.
Perhaps you should start a different thread.
OK I see.

I am speaking of Dillman, but using another situation/person, as ponderance if it happen to Dillman in the same way.

However, does this mean that Dillman has less abilities or had not trained with Mr. Oyata?

Perhaps, a new BB article about Dillman should be in order.
Perhaps, Dillman should return and learn to set things right.
Perhaps, Dillman, like other martial artists not consider or no longer profit in such a manner off martial arts this way.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
1) However, does this mean that Dillman has less abilities or had not trained with Mr. Oyata?

1) I have not seen that Dillman has any real ability. Dillamn has lied about his rank from shodan up as has been proven by first hand accounts from various people that Dillamn trained with (see James Coffman’s website). Before Dillman got interested in kyusho his only real claim to fame was breaking blocks of ice…which he had to tamper with before he could break them by the way.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
1) I have not seen that Dillman has any real ability. Dillamn has lied about his rank from shodan up as has been proven by first hand accounts from various people that Dillamn trained with (see James Coffman’s website). Before Dillman got interested in kyusho his only real claim to fame was breaking blocks of ice…which he had to tamper with before he could break them by the way.
I am VERY (emphasis) much interested on the subject of Dillman.

A.) My student (the one I had mentioned earlier that attended Dillman seminars) and I had always suspected certain things.

B.) I have a good freind whom opened a school long ago and attends many Dillman seminars, hung many Dillman photos, on his website-link Dilman stuff, and etc. In other words, Dillman is grand in this friend's eyes.

You mention James Coffman’s website;
Any link to this and others like this?

BTW-Did I say welcome back?-with sincerity.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
You mention James Coffman’s website;
Any link to this and others like this?

BTW-Did I say welcome back?-with sincerity.
I will cut right to the chase, I don’t care for you, didn’t care for your emails, don’t care for your deceptive conduct regarding your training, your teachers etc and have no interest in “helping” you get any information. I will not be supplying you with any links in the future so don’t bother asking.

So if you want info on Coffamn or Dillamn do a Dillman search or a Coffman search on MT and find it yourself.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
1) Why not use the "ignore" feature.
2) You are so rude.
1) Good idea....your on it now.
2) No, unlike some people I am honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions