Putin sole Super Bowl ring?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear about this story?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/06/when_dealing_with_a_tyrant_like_putin_dont_show_him_your_good_stuff.htm

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft revealed the real story behind a 2005 meeting with Vladimir Putin, during which the Russian president pocketed his Super Bowl ring, worth more than $25,000. Kraft, at the time, claimed the diamond-encrusted bauble was a gift, but he now admits Putin stole it, and the White House intervened when he demanded it back.
Kraft explained the incident happened while Sandy Weill and other business execs were in St. Petersburg. "I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,' " Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall's Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria."I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me in the least. Altho the news has been quiet on the ex-USSR for some time, whatever does come out of there just illustrates that the criminal classes are in charge of a very large slice of Eastern Europe.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:laughs at self: Forgot I'm supposed to be keeping quiet for a bit in these parts :eek:. I guess my batter-everyone-with-a-clue-by-four mood must be passing :chuckles:.

Latest Discussions