Punishing grapples

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, it is a tap out punish. I thought so, because I’m trained in MMA, Judo and Tae Kwon Do. Never entered the ring, but want to for the fun.
I'm not sure why you're emphasising the word "punish". The way you're using it isn't common usage, so asking us if something is "punish" isn't going to be much help. You introduced the term "punishing grapple", so you'd have to be the one defining what is and isn't meant by that term.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're emphasising the word "punish". The way you're using it isn't common usage, so asking us if something is "punish" isn't going to be much help. You introduced the term "punishing grapple", so you'd have to be the one defining what is and isn't meant by that term.
I'm pretty sure he's emphasizing the word punish because he wants to punish or beat up his opponents in a way they won't be able to retaliate.

OP
LoneWolfPrince253

LoneWolfPrince253

White Belt
Reaction score
Maybe a groin kick? Or one of those fancy karate arm twists! Yes, those hurt a lot. Another way (I've never tried this out before so I can't guarantee that it works) is a hook followed with a kick (oof that was simple :) ) I hope this (mini) guide helped you.
That’s an illegal blow! Real case I’m asking, I never hit there period.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I honestly want to know, if there’s such thing as a punishing grapple. I.E. A block that can throw an opponent to go to the mat and do ground work or throw them down and go for a tap out or is it even possible? Punishing Grapple in definition means to grab a strike and take them to the ground on top or to go to the ground with a arm or foot and punish them with a submission hold. To stop a blow and go for the point or takedown.
Yes of course. Japanese Ju Jutsu is full of them.

Latest Discussions