PSP Owners

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am finally going to get a PSP. If you have one how do u like it?
I should have bought one a long time ago but I just didnt want ot shell out the money. Now after research I will have to pay MORE money for a psp because from what I hear I need to get a version 1.5

So do u like it/hate it or what?

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like mine (yes, I'm an oversized kid- what can I say?). I'd like it more if there were more games I'm into, and the stores around here had a better selection. I got mine a few months after it came out, and recently bought a game that came with the upgrade. I also think it's great that you can play movies on it, and it doesn't cost more than usual for them either.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Peeeee Essssss Peeeeee? Vut iz thiz Peeeee Esssss Peeeee you speak uf?

What is it...a game system? All I know about it is my 12-year-old son keeps begging for one. :p

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Peeeee Essssss Peeeeee? Vut iz thiz Peeeee Esssss Peeeee you speak uf?

What is it...a game system? All I know about it is my 12-year-old son keeps begging for one. :p

Yeah kids want them. Im 28 and I want one now. Just hard to find the older versions b/c you can do more with them. But I would say go on and get him one. :)

Yes It is a portable video game system which also allows you to surf the net if your in a WiFi spot, look at pics, movies, music, etc.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
PSP looks pretty nifty, but I think I'll stick with my PalmOne Zire72 to play videogames and watch movies. :uhyeah:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Yeah kids want them. Im 28 and I want one now. Just hard to find the older versions b/c you can do more with them. But I would say go on and get him one. :)

Yes It is a portable video game system which also allows you to surf the net if your in a WiFi spot, look at pics, movies, music, etc.

Oh great, when my husband finds out exactly what it is HE'S going to want one. Seriously, it sounds cool.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol...yes he will want one.
My girlfriend just shakes her head when i come home with some new electronic device. She shakes her head and says "men and their toys".

All you have to do is google it to read all up on it. Come home with one and you will be Queen for a week...or until you take it away b/c they forget to do things around the house...lol :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have the xbox 360, I like console gaming. Don't have the time for the handheld stuff. However, it is a nifty little gadget. I know a few people who have bought them for their kids.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I am finally going to get a PSP. If you have one how do u like it?
I should have bought one a long time ago but I just didnt want ot shell out the money. Now after research I will have to pay MORE money for a psp because from what I hear I need to get a version 1.5

So do u like it/hate it or what?
You don't need to but a 1.5 anymore. Anything up to 2.5 or so ought to be useable thanks to recent cracks.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My roommate works for a Videogame store, he bought one when they came out...

Traded it in about 3 weeks later.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
My roommate works for a Videogame store, he bought one when they came out...

Traded it in about 3 weeks later.

So what did he trade it in for?

- Ceicei

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've never used it, but my son loves his! Great for traveling and filling in time while he waits for us in our BJJ classes and his homework is done. The multiple uses it has is what is appealing about it for my son, it isn't just games.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have one that hasn't seen a whopping amount of use so far. Mainly because the games I want to play are few and far between, (I'm picky) and even some of the ones I'm interested in suffer due to the overly stiff D-pad. (SFA3 for example) The Capcom Classics collection has been getting my attention lately though. Looking forward to Tekken Dark Resurrection.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
You don't need to but a 1.5 anymore. Anything up to 2.5 or so ought to be useable thanks to recent cracks.

Really? I thought only 2.0 was downgradable. Upgrade past that and your stuck.
I talked with a employee at Gamestop and he was playing a lot of NES games on his psp. I saw you cna run genesis, snes neo geo and other systems on your psp now. That is pretty sweet, it adds to the longevity of you playing with it.

I was going to get a xbox 360 but I know I would use the psp more. Researching online now I was like,...do I want the japenese or U.S. version.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Really? I thought only 2.0 was downgradable. Upgrade past that and your stuck.
Could be. I hit a thread on www.gaming-age.com 's forum that talked about it, but i can't find it anymore. Bah.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-homebrew-tutorial.php

But Google offers some info... ;)

I talked with a employee at Gamestop and he was playing a lot of NES games on his psp. I saw you cna run genesis, snes neo geo and other systems on your psp now. That is pretty sweet, it adds to the longevity of you playing with it.
Yeah, a lot of folks like to just use it as an emulator.

I was going to get a xbox 360 but I know I would use the psp more. Researching online now I was like,...do I want the japenese or U.S. version.
As far as I know, that boils down to what region's movies you want to watch. The US version plays import games already.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! I will definately check out the links as soon as I finish this reply.

Yeah using a emulator and playing other games from other systems is pretty cool and gives you more of a library to work with.

With the japanese vs U.S. versions of it, the only difference is the screen from what I found out. The Japanese version has the screen made by Sharp which is better than the U.S. Samsung screen. Brighter and sharper.

In reference to the movies the Japanese version won't play region 1 (U.S.) UMD's. Of course there is a way around this. :)

Ebay = Legal Robbery. People want a lot of money for PSP's.