Proud dad shamelessly bragging

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My middle child finished her freshman year in high school. In addition to earning the Marine JROTC Core value award for courage, and taking honors English, and Algebra 3/4 (two years advanced), she finished with a 3.981 GPA and is number 1 in a class of 583.

Next year, she's going to continue in the JROTC, as well as take three college credit courses, including AP biology, pre-calculus and a biology course that's got something to do with addiction and the brain.

And she kicks butt at Guitar Hero and Skyrim. She can literally kill you with her brain. :) Well, maybe not literally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like there is a good deal to be proud of there, Steve :bows:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep. Tell her that your mates here send their congratulations and best wishes for her future studies. :)

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just to be clear, all the credit is hers. We've never parented her as much as we just try to stay out of her way. So far, the only real parenting we've done is to help ensure she maintains balance, which hasn't been a problem so far. Shes very social, likes south park and even gets along well with her brother.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very nice. You're very fortunate Steve. For some reason I thought your kids were MUCH younger.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I have a 16 year old son, a daughter who is turning 15 very soon, and a 3 year old daughter.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a 16 year old son, a daughter who is turning 15 very soon, and a 3 year old daughter.

Cool. I'm not far behind you. Two boys, 13 and 11. It's exciting and scary at the same time :). They are good kids and I'm very proud of them.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
High school is scary. Means they're almost grown up! I am proud of all my kids, but Maddie kicked so much butt she deserves particular recognition.

Latest Discussions