Promenent Women in Taekwondo

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After starting the thread on Significant folks in TKD, I got to wondering about the promenent women of the Art. My knowledge on this is quite limited, but I'm curious.

GM Brenda Sell is the highest ranking non-Korean ranked by the Kukkiwon at 8th Dan. There are a few Korean women who also have that rank, but I know nothing about them. Who are the women who have had a role in the growing of Taekwondo?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman GM Uke Sung Lee was an 8th Dan and she was born in Canada in the late thirties she achieved her KKW 8th in 1991. I will give a call to Won Park for her Bio, to my knowledge she wad given that rank. Not sure if she tested.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about Master Serriff?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I certainly know who she is, but I know few details. Perhaps Kacey can help with that one.

Master Renee' Sereff is the senior-ranked woman in the United States TaeKwon-Do Federation. Since I left the USTF in 1998, I can provide no recent information, but you can check the USTF website if you want more details.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I guess my wife she is the current Texas state champion as well as the fomal US open champion plus a AAU chanpion, Arkansas State and Oklahoma but she is only a lonely second and needs another twenty year to be a pominant figure.

Nia Abdullah is also in Olympic TKD since she won branze in the last Olympics and again this past weekend, but she is young as well.